Same

Also since nobody is doing a box set for these is there any tips that you guys could give me so I could make one for myself? Like is there really a way to make a custom box set for records?

I'll break this down into 10 simple, E-Z to do steps.

1. Buy wood (0.75")

2. Buy nails/Gorilla Glue

3. Buy a wood saw. A hacksaw would work as well if you're crafty and can make precision cuts.

4. Cut 2 (front/back) pieces of wood into 13"x13"x0.75" pieces and set as aside. (make sure you leave a +/- .03 tolerance

5. Cut 3 (sides/bottom) piece of wood at 13"x7"x0.75" (also with a +/- 0.03 tolerance)

6. Glue together however you see fit, and borrow a nail gun from a friend and connect these pieces.

7. Borrow clamps and clamp together for 2 hours until Gorilla Glue sets, then scrape off the excess.

8. Put records into box.

9. Go to hobby lobby and steal a wood burning kit (they can't chase you/have no security cameras)

10. Etch "#Blonk182VC2014" logo into wood.

11. (Optional) Borrow sledge hammer and go to town on the box you just made.

If all else fails, call these guys - but if you do make sure you're using Binford tools.

11jaj3t.jpg

TA-DA! That's how you make a box.

I'll break this down into 10 simple, E-Z to do steps.

1. Buy wood (0.75")

2. Buy nails/Gorilla Glue

3. Buy a wood saw. A hacksaw would work as well if you're crafty and can make precision cuts.

4. Cut 2 (front/back) pieces of wood into 13"x13"x0.75" pieces and set as aside. (make sure you leave a +/- .03 tolerance

5. Cut 3 (sides/bottom) piece of wood at 13"x7"x0.75" (also with a +/- 0.03 tolerance)

6. Glue together however you see fit, and borrow a nail gun from a friend and connect these pieces.

7. Borrow clamps and clamp together for 2 hours until Gorilla Glue sets, then scrape off the excess.

8. Put records into box.

9. Go to hobby lobby and steal a wood burning kit (they can't chase you/have no security cameras)

10. Etch "#Blonk182VC2014" logo into wood.

11. (Optional) Borrow sledge hammer and go to town on the box you just made.

If all else fails, call these guys - but if you do make sure you're using Binford tools.

TA-DA! That's how you make a box.

Tim & Al always show up to make them for me and end up dropping a crane on the box or lighting it on fire. I've gotten used to eventually having to call Bob Villa in.

vilapg-vertical.jpg

Dude Ranch wont be around for too much longer online

...but there are over 700 left?

He has no reason to scare anyone into ordering this, its a gentle reminder that if you want to get one, buy it now or don't complain in a day or two because you didn't buy one and blah blah blah about flippers, and blah blah blah about another pressing, just buy the goddamn thing.  

You sir, would be exactly right haha now there are just under 400 left. I was thinking he meant like in the next few hours it'd sell out, a couple days is much more reasonable.

Same

Also since nobody is doing a box set for these is there any tips that you guys could give me so I could make one for myself? Like is there really a way to make a custom box set for records?

Some people either on this thread or an earlier blink thread forever ago were discussing getting some custom box sets made, however I'm not sure if that idea fizzled out.  It might be worth digging for because if I recall correctly they were discussing the place they wanted to make it and some preferred design features

I have my order in for Dude Ranch, I can finally leave this god awful thread. I don't really give a shit about any edits, or surface noise, or inner groove distortion, I'll find out on my own when I get the record. Here's to this thread dying a terrible death.

Don't lie, you know you'll still be reading.