3 hours ago, psus2h said:

It is not surprising that Universal did these at a price point that was lower than SRC.  I think it simply comes down to licensing fees and SRC needing to charge a premium to make it worth it for them to take on the blink catalog.  However, that Amazon price is solid for seven albums, that'd bring them to under $23 /ea.  

The reason src is more expensive is that they had to pay for a re master on top of standard mechanical licensing from universal.  

4 hours ago, cameronbudde said:

Somehow I doubt this. SRC haven't released all the albums that are on here, so I would think that they wouldn't have access to them yet. Just an idea. 

Just thinking it's somehow possible. When ORG Music's agreement was up for the nirvana catalog, universal reissued Nevermind using the exact plates that ORG was using. I'm not sure how it works, but somehow Universal might be able to get their hands on them. who knows. 

12 hours ago, cameronbudde said:

Somehow I doubt this. SRC haven't released all the albums that are on here, so I would think that they wouldn't have access to them yet. Just an idea. 

Whoa whoa you are using logic to explain a situation? I mean..what if Travis and mark and Matt broke into src and found the plates in a laser room where they had to crawl trough the air ducts and bring them back to universal?  Who knows.

Edited by kjkenney
Edit

I'm also pretty interested in this Box Set as well. I just wish I could see what it looks like before I decide to pre order anything.

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for what copy of Enema of the State sounds the best? I currently have the first splatter pressing (thinking about buying the newer HT exclusive) and the FYE clear exclusive. Is the FYE SRC Hi-Fi? Or does anyone have a better suggestion for a copy of Enema?

And also, TOYPAJ?

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, RL22 said:

I'm also pretty interested in this Box Set as well. I just wish I could see what it looks like before I decide to pre order anything.

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for what copy of Enema of the State sounds the best? I currently have the first splatter pressing (thinking about buying the newer HT exclusive) and the FYE clear exclusive. Is the FYE SRC Hi-Fi? Or does anyone have a better suggestion for a copy of Enema?

And also, TOYPAJ?

Thanks!

I've owned three separate presses of Enema, one from MtS, the HT splatter, and the black Src one. The Src press is the best I've heard by far

On 9/12/2016 at 3:26 PM, kjkenney said:

I've owned three separate presses of Enema, one from MtS, the HT splatter, and the black Src one. The Src press is the best I've heard by far

yeah I really like the sound of the FYE exclusive I snagged, but I wasn't sure if that was technically a "hi-fi" pressing. The blue one on the website is pretty tempting.

4 hours ago, curator said:

Here's the stock image that's up on Amazon now.  The outer box is pretty much what I expected which isn't bad, but what's up with those enormous parental advisory labels?!

71UCm-wD4bL._SL1181_.jpg

I wish they had more images for the mockup. And dimensions of the box. 

Really on the fence for this one considering they are all getting the hifi treatment through SRC. 

I really can't see a major difference other than a cool looking box. They should have done a box sooo long ago. 

PS, Should this box get its own thread now?

Edited by [Banned User]