The American Dollar // The Technicolor Sleep

Derek™

The+Technicolour+Sleep+americandollartec

The wait is almost over.  This Saturday (11/16/13) marks the launch of The American Dollar's sophomore[?] album, The Technicolor Sleep.  Pirate Ship Records are handling the sale, and there appears to be a palette of tasty (and tastily-named) variants available, including a deluxe wooden boxset.

You can ogle all the variants here, where they'll be available for purchase come Saturday.

Looks like there's...

45 box sets.

106 Chocolate Vanilla Custard Blend

111 Fudge Brownie

107 Super Lemon Ice w/Licorice*
54 Blue Raspberry Sorbet*
56 Black, 180gram*

3 Test presses (for sale, out of 17 total)*

* Denotes a special silkscreen cover; $25 vs. the standard edition which is $20.

* Denotes the test press with a unique silkscreen cover; $50.

Had someone inquire about the availability over here so thought I would let everyone know whats left at this point:

Deluxe boxset: 36
Screenprinted: 32
Standard (both colors): 26,23

They are moving quick especially the screenprinted version so I wouldn't sleep on it if you wanted to pick one up.  Thanks to everyone who already picked this up and I am sorry if anyone missed anything the decision to move up the release date was the bands.

Ughh... I really shouldn't pick this up.

But I know I will. Love how this genre totally opened up to me. I heard Explosions in the sky once, made a pandora station and it opened me to post rock, drone, ambient and all the way to trip hop. It's insane to me how that happened.

That wooden box set looks pretty cool too. I love seeing the creative process behind the packaging even if it does seem like a way to gauge prices. It's beautiful none the less.

Trust me the intention is never to gauge prices in fact the margins on the boxset are lower as a percentage than the other variants.  We did it because we believe the album is beautiful and believed in creating an aesthetic that we hope can come close to matching it.

Also wanted to give a bundle option that was unique to the completists who wanted something special to cherish. Also it's more fun since people cant disassemble and try and part it out without shooting themselves in the foot it's literally a weapon against those who flip records for profit.