ETR + Fadeaway Records teaming up for 3xlp "Friends" Comp (100% proceeds go to cancer research)

Or you could say that they are making money strictly off the backs of others hard work. They havent provided any proof that all of it is going to charity, they are not paying artists for the songs they wrote (which by the way is illegal if they havent come to an agreement on it) but hey, CHARITY!!!!!!! so its all good.

Or you could say that they are making money strictly off the backs of others hard work. They havent provided any proof that all of it is going to charity, they are not paying artists for the songs they wrote (which by the way is illegal if they havent come to an agreement on it) but hey, CHARITY!!!!!!! so its all good.

or you could stop being such a cynical fuck and maybe believe that most people are good. And we all know ross wouldn't be a guy to associate himself with anything not on the level. but like i said, do your own shit if you don't like it or just straight up fuck off, you blubbering vagina. 

EDIT:

and you are basically suggesting that this man is lying about losing his father to cancer. because this seems to be the reason he's decided to donate to cancer research. 

or you could stop being such a cynical fuck and maybe believe that most people are good. And we all know ross wouldn't be a guy to associate himself with anything not on the level. but like i said, do your own shit if you don't like it or just straight up fuck off, you blubbering vagina. 

EDIT:

and you are basically suggesting that this man is lying about losing his father to cancer. because this seems to be the reason he's decided to donate to cancer research.

Dude, calm down. Your WAY cooler then being degraded to a bunch of freshman insults(it makes your vocabulary look weak). He has a right to his opinion, as tacky as it is. We all know what Ross is about.

Dude, calm down. Your WAY cooler then being degraded to a bunch of freshman insults(it makes your vocabulary look weak). He has a right to his opinion, as tacky as it is. We all know what Ross is about.

i thought blubbering vagina was creative  :huh:

anyway I'm just sick of people with their fucking bullshit attitudes, probably not the best reaction to have but hey, i said what i said. 

Dubin and ETR: on behalf of people that aren't spoiled manchildren on VC - thank you for your hard work in making this album

I've lost family members to cancer and I have no problem donating 50 dollars to a good cause. Getting a 3xLP is icing on the cake

There are many of us who do appreciate your work. Ignore the dipshits. They want you to defend yourself. You need not defend anything.

Need to know band/tracklist before thinking about this.

Has price been announced? 

Impulse buy even though I'm only familiar with a handful of the bands. I feel like I might regret it if I don't get it in time. 

Did anyone say that we weren't paying mechanicals on the covers? Do you have any idea how publishing works? Please keep your skewed bullshit to yourself.. Twin forks covered Walter schreifels band and Walter is on the record how would I keep that a secret from him? Seriously your behavior is disgusting. We are trying to do something positive and you can't keep from talking shit.. You don't know me, you said I was a tool 10 years ago.. You're a kid behind a computer trash taking an effort to raise money for charity.. Come on dude..

I know, Im such a dick for thinking that 1) the people that wrote the songs should have had any input into this and 2) that someone such as Elliott Smith would have wanted money being made off of his work being donated to oh I dunno, his fucking charity he set up.

There is a mechanical royalty associated with a cover.. There is no need for a band to get permission to cover a song. You have zero clue how the recording indistry works. I'm trying to sit here and ignore this but it's fucking gross.. Bands do deserve to be paid on their songs but if blink wanted to cover the Beatles they can and they pay a mechanical and it's all on the up and up.. It's the way it is.

I know, Im such a dick for thinking that 1) the people that wrote the songs should have had any input into this and 2) that someone such as Elliott Smith would have wanted money being made off of his work being donated to oh I dunno, his fucking charity he set up.

While on the topic of how you don't know anything about anything.. "The charity he set up" ?!? Are you referring to the memorial fund that was created when he died? I'm pretty sure he didn't have any say in that organization since oh you know he wasn't alive..

I fucking hate that I can't just leave it with a logical post, a chance to show how little you know about anything is way to good to pass up..

If you have a question about the logistics of this compilation feel free to ask and I will answer you.. No one is hiding anything, there is no need to say make shit up.. Ask me and I will tell you... 

We are a registered & incorporated non-profit in the state of NJ, we have to file corporate taxes, we have to account for every expense and show where every penny goes. We have a tax id number (by nature those are tied to personal social security numbers so that I am held accountable for every expense and liable). There are huge legal ramifications here, with that said I think its safe to assume that we are doing what we say with the money.