Records you regret not buying, when you could have

I vividly remember holding a copy of My Dinosaur Life by Motion City Soundtrack in a Hot Topic, priced $16.99, and thinking "hm, maybe another time."

Thank GOODNESS that thing is FINALLY getting a repress next month.

Also had pre-ordered the gold vinyl of Wolf Alice's My Love is Cool but canceled it for financial reasons and really regretted that when it hit $60/70 on Discogs

I remember in high school going to the "fancy" mall in town and shopping at the Virgin Records shop. I'd always see copies of Demon Days and other mid-aughts stuff just collecting dust, came close to buying a few records but didn't want to bother my dad with showing me how to work the turntable in his office... What a dummy I was.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:30 PM, paulaayy said:

Death Grips - Exmilitary. Saw it for 50 and figured nah I can get it cheaper online.

Ulver - Messe boxset.

I remember watching an Exmilitary Sealed CD on eBay a few years back for like $15-20 then it was gone like a week later and to this day I’ve never seen another one for sale. 

AFI - Sing the Sorrow. I remember looking at it in the Adeline online store at $25 for about 6 months and dragging my heels, then it was gone... 

I ended up buying a copy last year for $120 and was refunded $90 because the jacket was damaged in transit and the records have a slight warp - although I ended up getting it for a good price, I would rather have a NM condition copy that I purchased new. 

Mine would be an original mono, 47 West 63rd St. pressing of Sonny Rollins Vol. 2 in pristine condition. Dude wanted $85 and wouldn't take my $75 offer. What a lame move. It was many, many years ago and that was a shit load of money for me to spend on any one record.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/2604648?ev=rb