PO: The Lawrence Arms - Metropole + News From Yalta 7"

I ordered the orange 7" when all the LPs we're unavailable the other night. Then I ordered the orange LP when it went back up the next day. I sent Kings Road a massage asking if they could combine my orders and they sent a reply that just said "They will ship separately." Haha... Alright.

Sassy.

• 1 month later...

The video was cool but anyone else think that should have been a "Chris" song? Not sure what Brendan is going for with his voice there. Sounds like he's trying to go raspy but it's too slow for it.

That's what I thought at first too (probably because you said it), but then i thought about "Quincentuple Your Money" for some reason.

I listened to the album a few times today and can't decide how I feel about it. Every song on it is about getting older or what things used to be like, which makes it seem like a final album or bookend and that depresses me. It's definitely in a different vein than Oh, Calcutta!, but still has TLA wit and word play that we all love. It's an album that I think alot of people will like, including me, but I hope it's not their last.

I see it as more of a reflective state, and I think that's what they were going for, rather than final. In recent interviews Chris and Brendan have done, they don't sound ready to slow down - they've mentioned doing more with their respective projects, and I assume that also includes The Larry Arms.