COMING SOON: Gaslight Anthem - B-Sides LP

gmoney

Which is a good thing because I was originally imagining the insane shit storm that would ensue if the fan club 7" songs appeared on this...

Haha that would be detrimental to the 45RPM Club.  Also is it worth being a member?  I was a Ten Club member in 09 and 10, mainly for the ticket purposes.  The vinyl was a good perk, but the songs on the 7" and 10" were a bit underwhelming, but hey, they were included in membership.  I think both camps should produce one bootleg show on vinyl each year and offer it at a premium.  

Considering how everyone really wants either previously unreleased or somewhat hard to find songs to be on this, it would actually be really nice if we could get an LP with rare stuff on it instead of acoustic versions of songs which many people already have. But CoffeexZombie, if I were you I'd just get a copy of the Hold You Up EP. So worth having. 

I was actually about to pick it up last week. A few shops around me still carried it new. I think they all sold out. I slept on it a little too long...

I've fallen behind on my collection. With this release, I'll still need the red/black splatter Sink or swim from Gunner, the blue Señor and the Queen 10", the blood red pressings of Handwritten and The '59 Sound, and the black version of the box set. Come on S1D, make this easier for me to come back on the "complete" train.

Fuckers.

I've fallen behind on my collection. With this release, I'll still need the red/black splatter Sink or swim from Gunner, the blue Señor and the Queen 10", the blood red pressings of Handwritten and The '59 Sound, and the black version of the box set. Come on S1D, make this easier for me to come back on the "complete" train.

Fuckers.

You mean blood red pressing of AS right? Not Handwritten.

If this pretty much replaces the 7" box set, I might just sell off my blood red set. Spiffy, and I use the box to keep my wallet and watches and stuff in it, but I don't play 7"s too often.

Fuckers. 

If I were you I would stay off the complete train. SoS is going the way Reinventing Axl Rose. Plus, it's nice when a new release of one of your favorite bands isn't a source of stress.

Can someone explain how to read that site?  I understand that the fact they have Gaslight and JEW together as one entry indicates a tour is in the works, but do the date ranges mean anything about if people are actually going to tour vs. just not having anything going on, or anything like that?

From my old experience with student government I imagine this list goes out to schools looking for concert/student outing/SGA performances. We had Jimmy Eat World and New Found Glory both come to my college and they were booked for dates while they were already touring. It's likely that GA and JEW are doing a spring tour and are looking to fill in empty dates with college performances. Just my .02.

You mean blood red pressing of AS right? Not Handwritten.

If this pretty much replaces the 7" box set, I might just sell off my blood red set. Spiffy, and I use the box to keep my wallet and watches and stuff in it, but I don't play 7"s too often.

Sounds like mostly the more common A-sides and not the rarer B-sides will be on this so, for me anyway, I don't think it can replace the box set. But hey, there is probably someone wanting the blood red box so if you're not using it and will be satisfied with the LP then you can probably make someone else happy with it.

CsvUEUQ.jpg

The B-Sides features 11 tracks recorded between 2008 and 2011 by The Gaslight Anthem. It includes the studio track “She Loves You,” are acoustic takes on some of the bands’ biggest songs, an inspired version of The Rolling Stones’ “Tumbling Dice,” sparse covers of songs by Fake Problems and Lightning Dust, a ripping live version of “State of Love and Trust” and more!

Track Listing

1. She Loves You

2. The ‘59 Sound (Acoustic)

3. State of Love and Trust (Live)

4. Tumbling Dice

5. The Queen of Lower Chelsea (Acoustic)

6. Songs for Teenagers

7. Great Expectations (Acoustic)

8. Antonia Jane (Acoustic)

9. American Slang (Acoustic)

10. Boxer (Acoustic)

11. Once Upon a Time

Also - comes with digital download.