Folly and bands like Folly (Hardcore/Ska)

Check out The Flaming Tsunamis and A Billion Ernies. And also via Folly's facebook about a week ago:

Below the thunders of the upper deep;
Far, far beneath in the abysmal sea, 
His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep
The Kraken sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee
About his shadowy sides: above him swell
Huge sponges of millennial growth and height; 
And far away into the sickly light, 
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.
There hath he lain for ages and will lie
Battening upon huge sea-worms in his sleep,
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.
- Alfred Tennyson

Check out The Flaming Tsunamis and A Billion Ernies

Fuck yea. Played a show with a Billion Ernies like 100 years ago, they are such a dope band. I still rock Please Do Not Reveal The Ending on a regular basis. Album rules. Flaming Tsunamis also rule.

I would also add Paranoia Dance Party and We Are The Union to the suggestion box, aside from the more mainstream ska-core. Blue Meanies if you've never checked them out also, less breakdowns but more zaniness.

Don't worry, we all understand you're into far more cultivated types of music just by your screen name alone.

:angry:  be niceee!!!!

e: My name was a joke, never thought I would participate at all, let alone check it daily...

And I like the band/was supposed to see them but they dropped the show back in likeeee 2004? with across five aprils. That show was bliss as a kid.

nothing really touches folly by the end of their career.  they were playing some really smart and simple music.  there's another ep that found its way to the internet after their two LPs, also.  it's very good, but the vocals are low low low.  

this band was one of 4 or 5 in the north jersey scene that'd be playing every weekend at different elk's and random venues around the area.  as kids, we had so much fun skanking around to folly when they were more ska than hardcore.  then seeing these dudes blow up, followed by hidden in plain view and houston calls.  it was an awesome time to be from north jersey, and the last time this place had any really good music.  fun fact: their singer is now a hs english teacher.

Loved all of their music. Also loved how in early '02 no one was really at their shows (on Staten Island at least) and by the end of '05 they had a contingent of kids following them, which unfortunately brought a lot of violence. Good tunes and good times though and a lot skinnier version of me is in the Broken video.