great jobs for record collectors.

So i was wondering if anyone out there has a job that is just perfect for a collector?

Maybe you work for an artist, or play in a band, or even just intern for a label... 

or maybe you just steal from the post office.

I didn't get into collecting until a couple years ago, but for the past 10 years I have worked in the music industry.  Between playing in a band, being a merchandise manager for other artists, tour manager / guitar tech for various tours, and even working at hot topic in my early 20s.  

All of these occupations helped me score some pretty sweet records.

Share your story. Or don't. :)

I work in a record store, and it's really hard not to give into the thought "hey I could use this for my collection" whenever someone brings in some stuff to sell or trade. It's also not too busy most days that I am at work, so it's pretty easy to browse here for POs and good deals while I am working..and spend more money than I am making in a day.

Same gig as Olsvik,  

I work in an independent record store / pub that sells new vinyl. I usually work days when we get our shipments so I get the opportunity to snatch up any items that interest me before they hit the floor and make orders for customers and myself. Employees get around 30% off depending on the wholesale price so yeah.. my small apartment has gotten significantly smaller after working there for a few years..