Sigur Ros - Kveikur (boxset) LTD 1,000 / 9-12"s silkscreens

nelso330

We have been through this before, I think. I have the EU press (I think its pressed at Optimal in Germany) and it sounds great, some surface noise but thats it. I have the US press also but I have never played it - the jacket printing quality is poorer and flimsier, the record isnt 180g either, the EU one is 180g.

Well, I just listened to EU press of Valtari again and it sounds amazing. The surface noise on a lot of the tracks is intentional (the noise is even on the CD!) and that loud passage on Varud is supposed to be distorted (again, same distortion on the CD!).

Hell, the whole album is just one big ambient noise, so I dont get it how can it even sound bad on any setup? :)

Understanding the lyrics or not, the vocals are still at the forefront when I listen to them and I am not a fan of his voice or that style of singing. His guitar playing, on the other hand, is amazing. It took me a long time to get past his singing and be able to enjoy them. I definitely understand people enjoying it but it just isn't my thing. Although I find myself singing along to them probably more than any other band.