Boris - The Thing Which Solomon Overlooked Extra

jared

Was deleting a bunch of old emails and stumbled upon a newsletter from Taiga records and it looks like they're putting out the extra disc that was included with the japanese cd reissue of the Solomon stuff sometime next year. Yeah, I know this is extremely early on to post this, but I'm excited so fuck it. 

That's excellent news!  I was really hoping that the whole set would get repressed, but I'll take this for sure!  Taiga is a little spendy, but they put out very well crafted records.

I just checked their website (and signed up for the newsletter).  There isn't any additional info, just 2014.

• 9 months later...

It's up on Taiga right now: http://www.taigarecords.com/shop.html

I ordered off of my cell phone while driving to work, so I hope I got a purple copy.

ha.  I was just coming here to post this too..  I hope I got one too.. email about still hasn't gone out I think.

we're probably safe w/ getting the purple

I have this, i have ...one of these and i think it may be the first one... I know its orange. I will sell it. Does anyone want it? I'll check exactly which it is when I get home. I like Boris but I bet someone else would appreciate this more than me. 

If it's the first one I'd be very interested! EDIT: Hell, I'd be interested in any version.

Yeah, got the yellow one at the show. I always dug what they did on these since they were always a mix of everything they always do. This one especially. Also, yeah the first one goes for dumb amounts of money and then you have to worry about that picture disc sleeve muck all over it. I have all of them and they all had that sleeve residue on them. Luckily I found them fairly cheap. 

Yeah, got the yellow one at the show. I always dug what they did on these since they were always a mix of everything they always do. This one especially. Also, yeah the first one goes for dumb amounts of money and then you have to worry about that picture disc sleeve muck all over it. I have all of them and they all had that sleeve residue on them. Luckily I found them fairly cheap. 

Does the picture disc sleeve much affect play at all?

Yeah, it does. It just adds noise to the record and there are definitely some songs on them that would benefit from not having all that. Also as far as I know there is no way to get that muck off, even with a cleaning machine. Luckily most of this series' songs are fairly noisy so it doesn't stand out too too much. 

Yeah, it does. It just adds noise to the record and there are definitely some songs on them that would benefit from not having all that. Also as far as I know there is no way to get that muck off, even with a cleaning machine. Luckily most of this series' songs are fairly noisy so it doesn't stand out too too much. 

I'm guessing that picture sleeve causes the same degassing problems that Worship and Tribute has, not much you can do about it sadly.