Warped Tour 2014

Yes, guest listed in Detroit and paid for Chicago (paid before I knew I could get guest listed) and will be guest listed in Milwaukee. So I have time to recover.

Yeah, I haven't paid for a ticket but I have gotten a lot of "Looooogaaaan I lost my towel yesterdayyyyy...and I need cough drops...and tea...and sunscreen........" phone calls. 

I had time to recover before the date tomorrow, but I went to a bunch of shows inbetween. So I feel you.

Could anyone that has gone fill me in on some of the can't miss acts. The only advice I got was every time I die which was a no brainer

Less Than Jake, State Champs, and Close Your Eyes were my favorites. I don't usually care for the style of music that Close Your Eyes play but I caught their set while nobody else was playing and they were really good live.

i dont know who is playing the upcoming dates specifically but I would say Less Than Jake, Bayside, and Four Year Strong are cannot miss. I have never seen them but I also have heard All Time Low's sets can be really fun.

so I wasnt planning on attending Warped because of the move and all. But now that I am down here Warped will be coming through Orlando on the 27th. anybody know any way possible to get two people in for free? Im broke as a joke but would love to get myself and one other person in.

Best way to get into Warped free when you don't have connections, is to find a company looking for volunteer work. You get to see the bands you want BUT you do have to give them a few hours of your time. 

Honestly, most people on the tour aren't willing to get friends of friends in especially at bigger dates. So if you don't directly know anyone, that might be your only free way in.

Ryan didn't perform with mixtapes today. They were supposed to go on at 3ish but all the times at that stage (Ernie ball) were swapped around. Mixtapes went on at 7:40 as a 3 piece instead. They sounded really bad... I haven't searched the web to see what was up with them.

On a happy note.... Finally after 16 years of seeing Less Than Jake I meet them and got all their autos on a copy of "See The Light".

Ryan didn't perform with mixtapes today. They were supposed to go on at 3ish but all the times at that stage (Ernie ball) were swapped around. Mixtapes went on at 7:40 as a 3 piece instead. They sounded really bad... I haven't searched the web to see what was up with them.

He was in a car accident. I think I saw it on Instagram or Twitter.

Had a blast at Milwaukee.

The crowd for saves the day was depressing. So tiny and absolutely no one moving. I said I was done seeing them live before but I didn't like anyone else playing the same time so I went. This was the last straw though. Someone let me know when they play a farewell show and I will go to that.

On a better note every time I die continued to be amazing live.

I went to Milwaukee and had the time of my life. Less Than Jake was the best set for me, shit was a party. Second is a tie between Real Friends and The Story So Far, and third was Mixtapes. I ended up being unwillingly dragged to Issues and nearly had my 108-pound ass smushed to death, so that blew. But all in all, it was a good day. :D

• 6 months later...

Went to warped tour last year for my first time. It was awesome. I don't really know any of the bands this year. I'm going just because of how much fun I had last year. All I know on this year's lineup is Emarosa, Riff Raff, Our Last Night and Amity Affliction.

Suggest some bands for me to see this year because I stopped following the scene around 2007

Went to warped tour last year for my first time. It was awesome. I don't really know any of the bands this year. I'm going just because of how much fun I had last year. All I know on this year's lineup is Emarosa, Riff Raff, Our Last Night and Amity Affliction.

Suggest some bands for me to see this year because I stopped following the scene around 2007

MC Lars, '68 and The Wonder Years.

• 1 month later...

Here is my breakdown for the Chicago show. If your date has motion city soundtrack or matchbook romance I tip my cap to you.

Acts I liked before the lineup was announced

The wonder years - I disnissed them for the longest time because I thought the music was generic and the lyrics turned me off because they sounded like some people that I had grown apart from and now just feel bad for. But after seeing them live I jumped on the band wagon. They are touring constantly so I've now seen them a handful of times. I do wish they'd step off their pedestal though. It's one thing to be the savior of pop punk it's another to remind us every chance you get.

Aaron west - same as above

Transit - haven't heard anything in a couple years and I guess no one likes them anymore. As long as they play a couple songs I know it'll be fine.

Neck deep - I listened to them last year because they were on the lineup but didn't see them. I won't be making that mistake twice.

August burns red - less scene core than the bands they inspired. Pretty decent live show.

Silverstein - we go way back. They are like your cousin that you don't see very much but at the end of the day they are still family

Grey Gordon - know a couple songs and they are charming

Mc Lars - it seems he plays warped tour every year. Not that it's a bad thing

Riff raff - iceberg Simpson

Bands I am nuts about now that I only started listening to since they are on the lineup

Moose blood - uk lads playing music that fits in with modern baseball and seahaven

Have mercy - stripped down acoustic bedroom Emo that occasionally rocks out. Girls drive us crazy. Heart ache and what not.

Trophy eyes - a little more abrasive than I perfer but still good

Bands I have heard good things about but still need to really listen to before I make an opinion Let me know which ones to listen to first. I'm looking for more story so far and less state champs.

Hundredth

Koji

Lee corey oswald

Citizen

Handguns

Seaway

Pup

The dirty nil

This wild life

Major league

Bands I'll see for the lulz

Attila - watched two songs last year. Comparable to the titanic sinking every time they take the stage.

Escape the fate - not sure what is going on with them probably too much hookers and heroin

Ho99o9 - I might be a fan after their performance

Slaves - Jonny Craig is always a wild card. I think he is the only dude that has gotten girls to flash him on warped tour and I don't mean 1 there were about 6 three years ago

We came as Romans - not sure if they will get to do their interlude during a 30 min set

Le castle vania - if I get drunk or slipped something I might go dance

M4sonic - same as above

^ Great list, but you're missing '68 and The Amity Affliction.

Definitely check out Major League's new album "There's Nothing Wrong With Me." It's nothing groundbreaking, but I love it.

Koji is like IIOI, but more folky, I guess? I'm not really sure how to describe him.

Hundredth is the fucking tits, and I don't think I've ever said that before. EPs Revolt and Resist are fantastic. I think Resist is better. It blows my mind.

You'd probably like Citizen and Handguns if you like TSSF, State Champs, pop punk stuff. I'm not into either one.