Disney'a Frozen deluxe 3 LP soundtrack

I'm gonna have to completely disagreeing with you guys... I think this has some of the best music. Let It Go to me might be one of the best Disney songs ever

To me it seems like they concentrated really hard on that one song. The rest of them are completely forgettable and were also really awkward and poorly written.

I love Disney soundtracks just because of the level of detail they go to in stylistically matching the music to the movie. Also the orchestration is usually amazing. I've always told my wife that it would be really awesome to work on Disney soundtracks (90s era in particular). This soundtrack for the most part felt like shitty Disney channel pop that I hear in the commercial breaks when my nephew is watching their god awful programming. To each his own though I suppose.

• 4 weeks later...

To me it seems like they concentrated really hard on that one song. The rest of them are completely forgettable and were also really awkward and poorly written.

I love Disney soundtracks just because of the level of detail they go to in stylistically matching the music to the movie. Also the orchestration is usually amazing. I've always told my wife that it would be really awesome to work on Disney soundtracks (90s era in particular). This soundtrack for the most part felt like shitty Disney channel pop that I hear in the commercial breaks when my nephew is watching their god awful programming. To each his own though I suppose.

maybe i just never grew up watching disney movies but it seems like they were telling the story more through song than actual dialogue between the characters.  i could be way off but i am just now getting into the disney scene since i have two 3 year olds and need to rewatch the others like the little mermaid and beauty and the beast and compare them. 

i will say this though i loved the soundtrack.  pretty much a nerd for this type of stuff though.

to be fair, this is not just 12 songs from the movie. The material in this edition encompasses the original songs as sung by the cast members, a full orchestral score, and then another 12 or so tracks with the original creator/writer of the music as well as 5 songs that were cut from the movie.

So, while 75 is still a bit much, I think you can justify it. I'm on the fence ordering it myself, love this movie

Or it could go down in value after they don't sell all of them

I can see it being one where sticker shock stifles initial sales, then after a few months they eventually sell out. Then another month after that they're selling for more than retail on eBay and everyone is kicking themselves for not getting it before.

If I had the extra scratch at the moment I'd get it, but I'm not losing sleep over it. It is a nice set, and my daughter and I really enjoyed the movie and music.