PO 11/26: Mae - Destination B-Sides

Then point John to this listing on Cobraside (http://www.cobraside.com/b2b/details.php?id=900148) and tell him you want one of the 500 copies they plan to re-release (again) for RSD2015 in April

You gotta be kidding. This is getting out of hand.

Not terribly impressed with Spartan Records right now, esp. hearing about their customer service and overall practice of pressing as many Mae variants as they possibly can.

I hope whenever the EPs get pressed, it's done through somewhere other than Spartan.

That sucks, I had one get lost and forwarded John the tracking info and he sent one extra with an existing order

mine said delivered but it never made it here. he said i could put in a claim with post office and re-order the record. by this time, it was already sold out (it was one of the /100 RSD mae destination beautiful releases). I told him it was sold out and I couldnt buy it. put in a claim at the post office but didnt win it. john told me it was out of his hands and he wouldnt send me another copy. 

May 15 – Carrboro, NC – Cat’s Cradle

May 16 – Atlanta, GA – The Masquerade

May 17 – Orlando, FL – House of Blues

May 19 – Pensacola, FL – Vinyl Music Hall

May 20 – New Orleans, LA – Southport Hall

May 22 – Dallas, TX – Trees

May 26 – Mesa, AZ – The Nile

May 28 – Los Angeles, CA – El Rey Theatre

May 29 – Anaheim, CA – Chain Reaction

May 30 – San Francisco, CA – Bottom Of The Hill

May 31 – San Francisco, CA – Bottom Of The Hill

June 2 –  Seattle, WA – Neumos

June 4 –  Boise, ID – Knitting Factory

June 5 –  Salt Lake City, UT – Area 51

June 6 –  Salt Lake City, UT – Area 51

June 8 –  Denver, CO – Summit Music Hall

June 11 – St Louis, MO – Firebird

June 13 – Chicago, IL – Bottom Lounge

June 16 – Nashville, TN – Exit/In

Got an email update regarding the issue on Sun.

"Hey everyone,

John from Spartan Records here.  If you're receiving this email, you ordered a copy of the first pressing of Mae's "Destination: Beautiful" on vinyl.  This release was a few years in the making, so I'm especially grateful for your support.  We were able to get the Mae guys back together to record some new music!  Many copies have already started shipping and the ones that haven't should ship out by the end of this week.

The reason I'm writing is to tell you about a small manufacturing error that was recently brought to our attention.  There is a about a second of silence towards the end of the song "Sun (Acoustic)" on Side A that was not present on the test pressing that we approved.  We take this really seriously and honestly, it's been devastating to discover given all of the effort we put in to try to make our releases the very best they can be.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to fix the error right now except be forthright with you about the issue.  We're in contact with our manufacturer and we are trying to determine why this happened.  This is the first time anything like this has happened to us and even though it's very minor, we're very upset about it.  We really appreciate your understanding and as a sign of our thanks, we would like to offer you a 20% discount on any order that you place at spartanrecords.com through June 1st.

We hope you understand.  Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions.  Thank you so much for your support and look out for the digital download of the album in your inbox one week from today!

Sincerely, 
John / SPARTAN"

Whaaaa? That's ridiculous. I would Paypal claim that right away - return it - and get a new copy when it goes on sale if they are unwilling to replace. What's stopping people from doing that?

EDIT - according to Facebook, you can return the album for a refund by contacting [email protected]. That seems pretty good of them.

Just gave mine a spin and it's there. It's not the worst thing ever but it's not good.

I did just receive the email that others for earlier this week. At the end of the email it states:

"If you'd like to return the record for a refund, we'd be happy to work with you on that.

We hope you understand. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions. Thank you so much for your support and look out for the digital download of the album in your inbox one week from today!"

Just gave mine a spin and it's there. It's not the worst thing ever but it's not good.

I did just receive the email that others for earlier this week. At the end of the email it states:

"If you'd like to return the record for a refund, we'd be happy to work with you on that.

We hope you understand. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions. Thank you so much for your support and look out for the digital download of the album in your inbox one week from today!"

My email does not say that at the bottom.... I will be emailing him

So i just followed up about my destination beautiful and been emailing John from Spartan back and forth, and it seems hes willing to fix my issue with destination beautiful not showing up which is awesome! After months of going back and forth, I might actually get the record i ordered.

Also, in regards to Bside, this is what he said... word for word straight from the email..

There is actually not another pressing planned for the "B-Sides" album, so I'm not sure where you might have heard that?  We do have some variants that are exclusive to retail and will be released this Spring (a version for Record Store Day) - but they are all part of the original pressing - and they do not feature the gatefold packaging.  If there is demand in the future, we would re-press, but I'm not seeing that in the near future honestly.