Possible EARTH represses?

Yesss, I can't wait! I need Bees Made Honey and Hex so bad.

I need those two aswell.

I missed out on Hibernaculum about 6/7 weeks ago. A German seller had it for 23 euros (incl. Shipping) on discogs but I had to wait one more day for my paycheck...end of the story: The record was gone the next day...

Guest Justin Maheiny

I was stoked on seeing this thread until I read the responses. Fucking really? I like the post 2000 stuff but don't think it's nearly as good as their early records. Pentastar is one of my all time favorites.

Are they re-pressing ALL of their records or just the post 2000 stuff? Kurt Cobain and Joe Preston where on Extra-Capsular Extraction. That's the stuff the needs to be re-pressed. I want Sunn Amps & Smashed guitars on vinyl.

Maybe I'm a super prick but I sometimes feel that if certain bands, like Earth, weren't on Southern Lord, a lot of people that are currently into them wouldn't be into them at all.

I was stoked on seeing this thread until I read the responses. Fucking really? I like the post 2000 stuff but don't think it's nearly as good as their early records. Pentastar is one of my all time favorites.

Are they re-pressing ALL of their records or just the post 2000 stuff? Kurt Cobain and Joe Preston where on Extra-Capsular Extraction. That's the stuff the needs to be re-pressed. I want Sunn Amps & Smashed guitars on vinyl.

Maybe I'm a super prick but I sometimes feel that if certain bands, like Earth, weren't on Southern Lord, a lot of people that are currently into them wouldn't be into them at all.

Well to be fair, 90s Earth catalog is not on SL and is also is readily available

Yeah, the Sub Pop stuff is available for like $10 per record and A Bureaucratic Desire For Extra-Capsular Extraction is available for like $21 on discogs. It's Hex and Bees Made Honey...that are fairly expensive. I agrees that Sunn Amps and Smashed Guitars would be cool.

Guest Justin Maheiny

Well to be fair, 90s Earth catalog is not on SL and is also is readily available

Ya. Except Sunn Amps & Smashed guitars was never pressed on vinyl.

And how many people that are into the Southern Lord releases own any of the previous releases?

I bet if they did a limited amount on some fancy color they would sell pretty well and would probably get a lot of newer fans into their older stuff. All these people that are into "post-rock" would probably like Pentastar a lot.

And for what it's worth, Teeth Of Lions Rule The Divine(Iron Monkey, Sunn, Burning Witch, Cathedral members) is the name of the second track off Earth 2 Special Low Frequency Version.

I (among a lot of people I know) like all eras of Earth. There's no such thing as good and bad Earth. Pentastar rocks and so does Bees Made Honey. I like that I have a choice rather than listening to a one dimensional band. You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but no one really cares which era is "better" or how they got into the band. As long as they like 'em, then who cares.

Guest Justin Maheiny

I (among a lot of people I know) like all eras of Earth. There's no such thing as good and bad Earth. Pentastar rocks and so does Bees Made Honey. I like that I have a choice rather than listening to a one dimensional band. You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but no one really cares which era is "better" or how they got into the band. As long as they like 'em, then who cares.

So you think 90s era Earth is one dimensional?

Guest Justin Maheiny

No. But I didn't like that he was nice enough to give me permission to have my own opinion only then to explain how my opinion was irrelevant. So pointing out that he said each incarnation of Earth was one dimensional seemed like the best way to respond to that.

Caught their last show in Seattle and they played four new tracks, pretty awesome stuff. Gives me pretty high expectations for their next album which they said should be due in June.

This may be a dumb question but i'm a big fan of the band, and curious as hell. Is the new stuff and slow western jams or more in the vein of Angels of Darkness LPs?

No. But I didn't like that he was nice enough to give me permission to have my own opinion only then to explain how my opinion was irrelevant. So pointing out that he said each incarnation of Earth was one dimensional seemed like the best way to respond to that.

No, but you suggested that this era of the band is insignificant to the old days (the stuff you prefer). I hate when people make a point to classify such a prolific band like Earth to a particular "glory era". Your opinion is yours, but the tone sucks. No need to deflate the rest who are excited for these reissues. Anyways, back to regular broadcasting...

So you think 90s era Earth is one dimensional?

I don't think he was calling 90s Earth one dimensional. He was just stating that it's nice to have a band with a varied amount of different material rather than everything being the same.

Maybe I'm a super prick 

hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

Guest Justin Maheiny

I don't think he was calling 90s Earth one dimensional. He was just stating that it's nice to have a band with a varied amount of different material rather than everything being the same.

I'm sorry. I don't understand. I'm gonna need you to go ahead and type the same thing in at least 4-5 sentences before I understand what the hell you're talking about.