The Flaming Lips First EP Repress + 2nd Cassette Demo on 7" (Both Signed)

A Preorder 7" demo at The Moose for $14.00;

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/15746639/flaming-lips-2nd-cassette-demo-autographed-blue-vinyl

and a preorder for the First EP at Rough Trade, about $40 shipped;

http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/79055

There's probably a few more shops that have them too...

Anyone wanna try and help me out with this?

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/The-Flaming-Lips--Wayne-Coyne-Embarks-on--Record-Store-Tour--Dec-19th-.html?soid=1104983095347&aid=FQisV9Y4l5g

Wayne is going on a mini record store tour this week and next selling chocolate skulls w/record.

Details:

December 17, 2013 - (Burbank, CA.) - Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne will hit the road this Thursday, December 19th, for what is being billed as his "Record Store Tour." Coyne will be meeting and greeting fans and signing copies of the Lips' first-ever EP, The Flaming Lips 1st EP,

and The Flaming Lips 2nd Cassette Demo.

Wayne will be selling an extremely Limited Edition version of the EP which will be housed with a hand-crafted, custom-made solid chocolate skull. Anatomically correct and life-sized, of course. Each skull will contain a special Golden Coin that is redeemable as admission to any headline show byTHE FLAMING LIPS in the world. See below for all of Coyne's upcoming tour stops.

This product contains quite a substantial amount of high-quality, gourmet chocolate accompanied by the main course: A generous earful of the very earliest music created by THE FLAMING LIPS in their original incarnation and pressed onto color vinyl.  A feast for the senses, we're pretty sure you'll find this exclusive item delicious and satisfying on every level.

The Flaming Lips 1st EP  will be available as a limited edition 12-inch on green vinyl and signed by Coyne. The last time this recording was available on vinyl was in 1986. It was originally recorded in two sessions at Benson Sound in 1984 and released on the group's homemade label Lovely Sorts of Death Records. This edition has been remastered by LIPS bassist Michael Ivins and given a reimagined cover by freak artist Charlie Immer.

Also for sale, will be The Flaming Lips 2nd Cassette Demo (recorded in 1983), which will be available as a limited-edition 7" on blue vinyl and signed by Coyne. Originally recorded in 1983, it captures the group in a transition from its primitive shambolic drug-damaged punk-pop to the primitive shambolic drug-damaged hallucinogenic cosmic brother death rock heard on the 1st EP. The music has been remastered by LIPS drummer Kliph Scurlock and the cover photo is by Wayne's brother,Dennis Coyne. Both items go on sale from participating record store retailers on December 24th and only 2,000 copies of each piece will be made available.

Don't forget that THE FLAMING LIPS' current six-song set, Peace Sword, featuring all new Lips music, is out now, along with their current album,THE TERROR

Bummer, the pre-order link is already down.

Anyone know where else to get the Demo 7-inch?

My local store says they probably will not be obtaining them :(

There are 2000 pressings of each. A majority of them will go to RSD participating record stores because it is a Record Store Day official release, Google those stores and ask one to save a copy or wait for Amoeba to get them in, most stores will ship to you. 2000 copies is a ton I wouldn't stress over obtaining these

There are 2000 pressings of each. A majority of them will go to RSD participating record stores because it is a Record Store Day official release, Google those stores and ask one to save a copy or wait for Amoeba to get them in, most stores will ship to you. 2000 copies is a ton I wouldn't stress over obtaining these

The stores themselves aren't actually selling the copies, Wayne is bringing them and selling them, I called and asked them to save me one but they told me it's first come first serve. Maybe if there are remaining copies he'll post them?

The stores themselves aren't actually selling the copies, Wayne is bringing them and selling them, I called and asked them to save me one but they told me it's first come first serve. Maybe if there are remaining copies he'll post them?

The only things that Wayne will be bringing with him are the dumb chocolate skull box things, which are /100. The normal EP and 7" are all /2000 (but apparently only 1500 will be for sale) and will be at most RSD stores.

My local record store is going to have them and I guess I'm lucky enough that they'll be saving me a copy of each.

Just ordered at Amoeba. They also have them at Vintage Vinyl, but shipping is free at Amoeba. If you want to risk it, the EP is also going to be $5 cheaper plus free shipping if and when they put it up at Bull Moose.

Yesterday I waited 3 hours at Permanent in Chicago to pick up the EPs from Wayne Coyne, but I don't think they had any at all. At least they didn't have any by the time I was close enough to the front to realize, at which time I could no longer endure the loudest, most pretentious girl in the Midwest, who of course was directly behind me. We weighed the hour left in line against that and took off. The skull/brain was beautiful, though.

Just ordered at Amoeba. They also have them at Vintage Vinyl, but shipping is free at Amoeba. If you want to risk it, the EP is also going to be $5 cheaper plus free shipping if and when they put it up at Bull Moose.

Yesterday I waited 3 hours at Permanent in Chicago to pick up the EPs from Wayne Coyne, but I don't think they had any at all. At least they didn't have any by the time I was close enough to the front to realize, at which time I could no longer endure the loudest, most pretentious girl in the Midwest, who of course was directly behind me. We weighed the hour left in line against that and took off. The skull/brain was beautiful, though.

The part about the girl being pretentious and loud sucks! I had one of those customers the other day at the restaurant and it's really just a pain. I mean, there's sarcasm, and then there's next level which turns purely pretentious, no bueno!

Here's the link to Amoeba for anybody interested in these two releases.

http://www.amoeba.com/search/all/?s=flaming%20lips