Leftöver Crack Doc: Passiön of the Crust Kickstarter

jipc

I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this, but I thought I'd share as some may well be interested.

This looks pretty rad and definitely worth backing... Christopher J Ryan has been following them for 13 years, since the Choking Victim days collecting footage and interviewing a shit ton of people that has hopped the cv/loc train along the way: Jesse michaels, jello, fat mike, dick Lucas and jasper, steve albini, bouncing souls.

Check the trailer at Doc Kickstarter page: http://kck.st/1dOxqLN

Doc Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/1bu411I

Doc Twitter: @locmovie

Doc website: http://leftovercrackthemovie.com

Beware the wrath of the Victim!!!

I grew up with Brandon, their drummer that died. I knew him from when he was my little brother's best friend starting around the age of 6 until the day I got that horrible call. About a year after that, before the split with Citizen fish I bumped into Stza at an airport in London - pretty random. I told him my relation and of my broken heart and it turned out we were on the same flight home. In some weird way it gave an open wound some much needed closure. I took the news that day really hard - never easy to lose someone that you shared your childhood with and came of age alongside. For the longest time I couldn't escape the idea that this guy with so much talent died giving his time to a band called "Leftover Crack". Trust me, I've been around a lot of punks but the day of his wake when I hugged his Dad and cried with him as his son lay frozen forever in a Ramone's shirt and Cons I simply couldn't feel good. Like, this wasn't at all important enough to die doing. I found Stza to be a reasonable guy. I get why folks are drawn to him. I get why a couple of old friends have now played in his bands. I felt a lot better after that random day. I needed it pretty badly if I'm honest and the universe delivered a continent away. 

So, as I watch this trailer I see no mention of Brandon. To me nothing else in this bands history is more important since someone gave their life sharing their music. I hope he's properly memorialized. 

Anyway, I saw this thread and started thinking to a long time ago and figured I'd share.