Beyonce

stl_ben

this came in from amazon. The vinyl is at least 200grams if not thicker, extremely heavy. the sound quality is probably one of the best in my collection, an amazingly clean and dynamic pressing. The gatefold has that matte gloss feel and the whole package is just very deluxe. definitely don't regret preordering this

Haven't heard a single song of her in years and don't really care about her music...but man, I'd hump her!

Too bad she wouldn't get with you. This is a music forum, not a space to stretch your sexist muscle with gross comments on hardworking female musicians 

Too bad she wouldn't get with you. This is a music forum, not a space to stretch your sexist muscle with gross comments on hardworking female musicians 

Yeah, too bad! I'm probably the only one here...it's nice to see at least some people over here try to maintain a certain level of morality!

...let's get back to Blink182!

Not a big fan of hers but I never understood why they quit releasing her stuff on vinyl to begin with.    Her first two albums had LP releases, but then I Am Sasha Fierce and 4 didn't... which baffled me especially since vinyl was becoming more commonplace again come 2008 and especially 2011.   Even this album took seven months before a vinyl issue.    I don't understand the delay and why two of her albums were bypassed on vinyl, especially considering how big IASF was.

I notice this is a general trend with a lot of r&b artists who were seeing regular vinyl releases in the early/mid 00's but somehow as vinyl got more popular saw their releases largely come to an abrupt stop on the format... see also Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Robin Thicke (who had vinyl releases of some of his lower selling albums in the late 00s but his biggest hit last year didn't get a vinyl issue), Rihanna, etc...    You would think the rise in vinyl sales would've translated to their albums continuing to be released on such a format, especially in the cases of artists like Mariah and Mary who had been dropping albums since the early 90s when the format was initially dying off in the mainstream and saw all their albums get LP issues during those wilderness years for the format but suddenly when the vinyl format began to get more acceptance again suddenly saw their albums no longer released.

Got my $30 copy from gohastings in yesterday... packaging is absolutely STELLAR! Easily one of the best in my collection. Only downfall is the record has lots of finger prints all over it, and a nice sized scuff across side A. I've been noticing that more and more, pulling the record out of the shrink wrap and having finger dobbies all over :(

Not a big fan of hers but I never understood why they quit releasing her stuff on vinyl to begin with. Her first two albums had LP releases, but then I Am Sasha Fierce and 4 didn't... which baffled me especially since vinyl was becoming more commonplace again come 2008 and especially 2011. Even this album took seven months before a vinyl issue. I don't understand the delay and why two of her albums were bypassed on vinyl, especially considering how big IASF was.

I notice this is a general trend with a lot of r&b artists who were seeing regular vinyl releases in the early/mid 00's but somehow as vinyl got more popular saw their releases largely come to an abrupt stop on the format... see also Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Robin Thicke (who had vinyl releases of some of his lower selling albums in the late 00s but his biggest hit last year didn't get a vinyl issue), Rihanna, etc... You would think the rise in vinyl sales would've translated to their albums continuing to be released on such a format, especially in the cases of artists like Mariah and Mary who had been dropping albums since the early 90s when the format was initially dying off in the mainstream and saw all their albums get LP issues during those wilderness years for the format but suddenly when the vinyl format began to get more acceptance again suddenly saw their albums no longer released.

I've been hoping that the vinyl bubble would result in more hip hop/R&B releases. That would make me very happy.

Got my $30 copy from gohastings in yesterday... packaging is absolutely STELLAR! Easily one of the best in my collection. Only downfall is the record has lots of finger prints all over it, and a nice sized scuff across side A. I've been noticing that more and more, pulling the record out of the shrink wrap and having finger dobbies all over :(

How fast did it ship?

The vinyl bubble has actually most likely been a contributing factor for the decline of R&B/rap on vinyl. Manufacturing prices have risen steadily, and plant delays are to the point where it's not worth a label's time and resources to try and coordinate the release of 12" singles and LPs when they can just manufacture CDs in a week, or just send digital files to iTunes or promotional outlets in 30 seconds.

Which brings us to cause 2 (probably the main cause): tastemakers in urban music are traditionally club DJs and radio, both of whom have traditionally predominantly used vinyl even as the consumer market moved on to cassettes and CDs. Labels wanted to get these people their new releases in the format they preferred, so they pressed vinyl. Nowadays, however, radio is in decline, and even the stations that aren't remotely programmed by the media conglomerates that own them mostly get their music digitally with the odd CD single. And if a club DJ is playing vinyl only, they're probably playing "the real shit" a.k.a. non-mainstream/non-contemporary music. Everyone else is using CDJs, Serato Scratch, or just pre-mixing a playlist if you're a real hack.

tl;dr R&B vinyl was made for tastemakers, and they have long moved on to digital.

Maybe if vinyl continues its upward trend (seems unlikely, I'd predict 3 more years of growth max), major labels might see some value in repressing big sellers from their back catalog. I think the main impediment for R&B is that new vinyl is predominantly white sales (I'm basing this on nothing, but if you look at the best selling LPs of 2013, it's hard to disagree that it's a pretty white bunch) and R&B is predominantly listened to by black audiences, so it's not the smartest business decision.

I think the main impediment for R&B is that new vinyl is predominantly white sales (I'm basing this on nothing, but if you look at the best selling LPs of 2013, it's hard to disagree that it's a pretty white bunch) and R&B is predominantly listened to by black audiences, so it's not the smartest business decision.

That is true, but a lot of these r&b and hip hop artists have huge white followings too, at least the biggest ones.   Kanye for example is usually booked at Bonnaroo, a festival that probably attracts a 90% white/non-African American audience, and of course Yeezus was raved about on Pitchfork, Spin, NME and the sort, websites largely geared to a white, alternative listening audience... so why didn;t Yeezus get a vinyl release?  (I don't like Kanye, but still).   I mean, if Taylor Swift's albums are getting released on vinyl, someone who is pretty much scorned and laughed at by "hipster" type people, why not put Kanye or Beyonce's stuff on vinyl.  I'd even argue there was more demand for Miley Cyrus' last album on vinyl than Taylor's album.     The majority of r&b I like is from the 70s and 80s and the modern stuff I like is usually given the dreaded PBR&B tag (Blood Orange, Sharon Jones, Mayer Hawthorne...) but at least those artists are given regular vinyl releases, while the mainstream stuff seems to be 1 in 10.

That is true, but a lot of these r&b and hip hop artists have huge white followings too, at least the biggest ones.   Kanye for example is usually booked at Bonnaroo, a festival that probably attracts a 90% white/non-African American audience, and of course Yeezus was raved about on Pitchfork, Spin, NME and the sort, websites largely geared to a white, alternative listening audience... so why didn;t Yeezus get a vinyl release?  (I don't like Kanye, but still).   I mean, if Taylor Swift's albums are getting released on vinyl, someone who is pretty much scorned and laughed at by "hipster" type people, why not put Kanye or Beyonce's stuff on vinyl.  I'd even argue there was more demand for Miley Cyrus' last album on vinyl than Taylor's album.     The majority of r&b I like is from the 70s and 80s and the modern stuff I like is usually given the dreaded PBR&B tag (Blood Orange, Sharon Jones, Mayer Hawthorne...) but at least those artists are given regular vinyl releases, while the mainstream stuff seems to be 1 in 10.

It's almost like you're trying to summon an angry Juan!  ;)  :P

Any pressing info on this? I know the bootleg euro copy without the booklet and the dvd was #d out of 1000- but what about the official one?

I'm sure this is a huge pressing... my local Books A Million even had a copy. But do yourself a favor and pick this up. I know it's a bootleg, but this pressing blows the bootleg out of the water. Quality in every sense of the word.