WTS: Death From Above - Heads Up! - Rare Clear Vinyl

DeanMachine

Hey,

I'm looking to sell my DFA Heads Up Clear Vinyl. There were only 200 printed of their first EP in clear.

The record box is in pretty good shape, it comes with the lyric sleeve which is mint, and most importantly- the clear vinyl is mint, pretty sure I've never even played it.

I've had it forever and I am reluctant to sell it, but tis' the season of expenses.

That being said, I don't have to, but it can help. They are my favourite band, I've seen them 15-20 times, and I even got to play a song on jfk's bass at a show's encore. So, this record is essentially the holy grail of DFA collectibles.

So not to seem dickish or crazy, but I'm only looking for offers that are in the hundreds, because it's nearly priceless to me.

If we can work something out cool. I'll post it up on e-bay to sell it through a secure channel if need be.

Thanks for any interest and offers.

-Dean

edit: Oh, and if needed I can post up pictures of course.

Yeah that link on youtube was me. That night was pretty epic, me and my buddy had spoken to the guys and Misty about how we would get together and play all their songs, and they kind of surprised us by calling us up that night. Just goes to show how cool those guys are.

And yeah, back in the day when their forums were still active I had a few offers for a couple hundred, but I never wanted to sell it. That was a while back though and it's hard to say wether their popularity has fallen or risen, and wether that makes the vinyl more or less expensive.

I've only seen about 7 of the 200 (1 with me, and 3 with buddies). Like I said, the price may seem crazy to people, but I have an understandable attachment to it. That being said, I love my family more, and that 1 night I'll have forever.

Dig the tattoo though man, I bet you get a lot of questions from people who don't know DFA, haha!

Oh, and to kind of tie back in to my 'I don't know what if it's worth more or less 10 years earlier or now':

http://www.popsike.com/DEATH-FROM-ABOVE-1979-RARE-HEADS-UP-EP-LP-CLEAR-VINYL/4744696495.html

The other popsike link that was posted makes me wonder. Really have no idea what it would be worth normally anymore.

there was a black press on ebay not that long ago with a BIN of $40...don't now why i never pulled the trigger on it :(...i luckily have an original YAWIAM first press LP in like new condition

edit:

speaking of which:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEATH-FROM-ABOVE-Heads-Up-LP-ache-ltd-pre-1979-rare-/281225420877?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item417a57604d

not sure if this is the clear or not...curious to see what it goes for

there was a black press on ebay not that long ago with a BIN of $40...don't now why i never pulled the trigger on it :(...i luckily have an original YAWIAM first press LP in like new condition

edit:

speaking of which:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEATH-FROM-ABOVE-Heads-Up-LP-ache-ltd-pre-1979-rare-/281225420877?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item417a57604d

not sure if this is the clear or not...curious to see what it goes for

should have snatched that up. and that ebay listing is for black im pretty sure. ive got a white autographed copy of yawiam. but i also have the Euro press on gatefold 2lp on pink, id love to get that signed.

Yeah I also have the YAWIAM white pressing (with the black sploches, dunno why they didn't use a fresh pressing on a white vinyl).  Never considered getting that or Heads Up clear signed though.

That's crazy that it took you 4 years to get a copy though, but I'm glad you got one. It's clear by the tattoo that you love DFA. Did you recieve the copy signed, or did you have the guys sign it when you saw them live?