PO NOW: The Hotel Year (The Hotelier) - Home, Like No Place Is There

Even though it's my favorite album of the year so far, there's still so much coming out that could easily top it for me (Trophy Scars, Motion City Soundtrack, Tigers Jaw, Cloakroom, Dikembe, E!E!). Plus, for four or five years running, my AOTY has been from an artist or band who I had never listened to previously.

Even though it's my favorite album of the year so far, there's still so much coming out that could easily top it for me (Trophy Scars, Motion City Soundtrack, Tigers Jaw, Cloakroom, Dikembe, E!E!). Plus, for four or five years running, my AOTY has been from an artist or band who I had never listened to previously.

It makes sense. A lot easier for a band you've never heard of to blow you away when you have no expectations.

This is true for me too but I'm still convinced mine will be E!E!

That could very, very easily be mine too. The new songs they played live fucking ruled. Album title is great too.

That could very, very easily be mine too. The new songs they played live fucking ruled. Album title is great too.

I'm jealous. I'm hearing great things about the artwork, I'm excited for that which is odd.

I just hope all the fans of What it Takes that don't follow all the singles/eps/splits embrace the new record since EE has changed so much.

I'm jealous. I'm hearing great things about the artwork, I'm excited for that which is odd.

I just hope all the fans of What it Takes that don't follow all the singles/eps/splits embrace the new record since EE has changed so much.

I'm just excited about everything about this record. Curious to see if there'll be an exclusive CYLS variant for this one or what. If there is, it'll be tough to choose.

i regret not picking up a copy of what it takes to move forward back in the day.  i remember it sat in their webstore forever, and i just never bought it for some reason.  it would be nice to have.

They did a something% off sale on Christmas Eve a few years ago. I put a pink copy in my cart. Couldn't pull the trigger. About an hour later I said "Fuck it" and went to order it but they only had gray left so I ended up buying a rare Saddest Landscape record the band had just put up. I really hate myself for not just buying the gray copy. Had no idea it was going to end up being so hard/expensive to track down.