PO NOW: The Hotel Year (The Hotelier) - Home, Like No Place Is There

I'd be really really excited if you ever decided to sell it to me, but honestly I don't have much money to pay for it right now and I wouldn't be able to give you very much for it. "Very much" meaning >$80, because that's still somewhat short change compared to how much they've sold for on eBay/Discogs. Your call! I'm not in a rush to own it although it would be nice.

I don't want to speak for Shelby, but $80 seems more than generous to me.

I don't want to speak for Shelby, but $80 seems more than generous to me.

Ah, yeah, I guess it depends on the person. Most people I talked to are either in the "it sold for $250 on eBay (twice within last few weeks) and $200 on discogs recently so your offer is too low" kind of camp or the "Nah I like it too much to sell it" one. I just don't wanna make huge lowball offers on it and look like a fool

I understand having a collection, but no way in hell would I pay $200 for a single record. That's ridiculous that people expect that much from this particular record and that some other dumb fucks would pay that.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. (I don't even tangibly have $80 to offer right now, which is the reason why I haven't bumped my WTB thread in so long.)

The two that went up on eBay about 5 days from each other sold for $289 and $280 respectively, and just recently I got word that one sold on Discogs for $250. I'm pretty bummed how much they're going for on there, but there really is no way I'd ever spend that much on one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. (I don't even tangibly have $80 to offer right now, which is the reason why I haven't bumped my WTB thread in so long.)

The two that went up on eBay about 5 days from each other sold for $289 and $280 respectively, and just recently I got word that one sold on Discogs for $250. I'm pretty bummed how much they're going for on there, but there really is no way I'd ever spend that much on one.

discogs has been a joke for so long. even just like 3 years ago you could go on and get stuff for 1/3 the price of ebay auctions, now if you find something decently priced it's an absolute diamond in the rough, so you have to check it every night and try to catch the wave of notifications before everyone else. 

and even then, half your notifications are people asking $200 for a record that MAYBE sold for that ONCE and are just re-list spamming it every single day, hoping some idiot will buy it. its still obviously worth checking for those few well priced things but man it's a headache. 

ebay is arguably a better bet since there's still a chance you can get something for a low price now. 

I saw them tonight and they didn't have the tour pressings yet (they said they are gonna pick them up on the way to the Texas date), but they had these really cool Home CDs that came in canvas patch sleeves.

DSC09183.jpg

DSC09185.jpg

Also they were fucking incredible. Definitely going to see them in Philly next week too.