PO NOW: The Hotel Year (The Hotelier) - Home, Like No Place Is There

I saw them tonight and they didn't have the tour pressings yet (they said they are gonna pick them up on the way to the Texas date), but they had these really cool Home CDs that came in canvas patch sleeves.

DSC09183.jpg

DSC09185.jpg

Also they were fucking incredible. Definitely going to see them in Philly next week too.

Did you get tickets for the philly show already? I went to a few weeks back and sold out so quick, would love to find someone selling a pair if you possibly know anyone in the area?

I saw them tonight and they didn't have the tour pressings yet (they said they are gonna pick them up on the way to the Texas date), but they had these really cool Home CDs that came in canvas patch sleeves.

DSC09183.jpg

DSC09185.jpg

Also they were fucking incredible. Definitely going to see them in Philly next week too.

I'm assuming they're picking them up from Tiny Engines at the Asheville date then. That's a bummer since it's the day after I see them in Louisville

Did you get tickets for the philly show already? I went to a few weeks back and sold out so quick, would love to find someone selling a pair if you possibly know anyone in the area?

I don't know anyone. In all honestly I wasn't sold on going until they kicked ass yesterday. So I'm stubhubbing it.

I'm assuming they're picking them up from Tiny Engines at the Asheville date then. That's a bummer since it's the day after I see them in Louisville

That makes sense. I figured they were picking them up from Pirate's Press or something since I thought they were in Nashville - but 5 seconds of googe'ing says Pirates Press is out of CA. Either way, they are picking them up from somewhere.

If anyone is able to grab an extra (via a friend or gf or something)I will pay for the copy and shipping to me so I can distribute them to members! trying to help as many of you as I can

wait what? are you suggesting that someone buys one and ships it to you, so that when you go you can get a copy for someone else? or that if someone gets an extra, they ship it to you and then you ship it to someone else?

step one: person a and person b go to show, person a loves vinyl person b doesn't care. person a has person b purchase a tour press so they can help out a board member.

step two: I can send them money to cover costs (if they cant really afford to hold onto a spare copy) so they ship it to me

step three: I sell it at cost to a member here

kind of only necessary if someone picks up an extra but doesn't have the money to spare, idk just trying to help

just want everyone to get a chance at these and if the barrier is not having enough cash to grab two I can help by fronting the money for the extra

step one: person a and person b go to show, person a loves vinyl person b doesn't care. person a has person b purchase a tour press so they can help out a board member.

step two: I can send them money to cover costs (if they cant really afford to hold onto a spare copy) so they ship it to me

step three: I sell it at cost to a member here

kind of only necessary if someone picks up an extra but doesn't have the money to spare, idk just trying to help

just want everyone to get a chance at these and if the barrier is not having enough cash to grab two I can help by fronting the money for the extra

giphy.gif

idk man I just really want a copy myself and then after that I want you all to get one

idk man i guess i'm just skeptical that:

1.) someone who can't afford like $12 being out of their bank account would be going to a concert and buying an extra to send to someone.

2.) that going through you on here as an intermediary would be any faster than simply selling it to the intended recipient since there seem to be plenty of people looking for this.

3.) that if you didn't get one (since your posts indicate you are looking for someone to hook it up) that you would actually respect the wishes of the original buyer and send it to the requested recipient, and not just keep it for yourself or accidentally send it with no tracking or something.

4.) that this is even illogically sincere, or just an attempt to make yourself look like a better candidate to receive a copy because your playing the good samaritan card. 

and i mean no offense, and maybe i'm wrong, i don't follow your posts that explicitly or even check this forum that much, but i don't think i've ever seen you sell any remotely sought after record on here for cost, ever. i've seen you ask for a hookup plenty of times but i've never seen you hook it up, except for saying "get me one of these tour presses and i'll hook it up." although maybe i'm wrong?

i also recall you posting on that old deadformat Knucklepuck thread where the kid got flamed by the band's drummer, "i'll give you $5" and in a WTB Knuckle Puck thread something like "good luck getting it for under $70" so since that just came out recently, and you've been trying to sell it for awhile, you sell it to me at cost to hook it up?

lol i don't mean to be a dick (even though this is a dick post) and quite frankly i don't care what you do/who gets this, but your post gave me a laugh and that is why.

I could really care a less about impressing you or coming of as disingenuine. im trying to be helpful to people. when was the last time you sold people sought after records for cost? regardless if people sell records at cost or not is not a defining factor in them being a helpful person.

youre absolutely right , selling direct is less painful and quicker I was simply offering to help. politely decline, no need to make a half page rant about how I never "hook it up" when I have hooked plently of people up at way lower prices then youre finding elsewhere. cost? maybe not but half of what most people ask

? absolutely.

as for that comment "good luck for getting it under 70" was more a statement about what those records have been selling for, not what I was selling my records for, the same logic applies to the 5 dollar comment. it was a trolling comment on some idiots flip thread no more or less funny then an inserted gif

I could really care a less about impressing you or coming of as disingenuine. im trying to be helpful to people. when was the last time you sold people sought after records for cost? regardless if people sell records at cost or not is not a defining factor in them being a helpful person.

youre absolutely right , selling direct is less painful and quicker I was simply offering to help. politely decline, no need to make a half page rant about how I never "hook it up" when I have hooked plently of people up at way lower prices then youre finding elsewhere. cost? maybe not but half of what most people ask

? absolutely.

as for that comment "good luck for getting it under 70" was more a statement about what those records have been selling for, not what I was selling my records for, the same logic applies to the 5 dollar comment. it was a trolling comment on some idiots flip thread no more or less funny then an inserted gif

lol no need for popcorn. i'm not trying to flame/rant at you, i'm just sayin that logically there is almost no chance of a record in an /100 press going through the process you describe, and really no need for it to, and ultimately the most "helpful" thing you can do is sell a record at cost. i don't even like knucklepuck, i'm just dicking around, i only brought it up because you said you were only trying to be "helpful," not actually trying to call you out on anything there. not everyone has to be like the few members on here who sell ebay gold at cost, i'm sure not one of them though i never claimed to be. i don't really sell many records, and i don't go in for the whole "someone do me a solid and pick me up one of these" because i can rarely return the favor. and also i didn't mean it's easier to sell directly so much as that those circumstances would have to be pretty ridiculous as to where you acting as a middle man would be beneficial or even necessary. BC if you front the money then they can just pay you back, no reason to send it to you personally for reshipping, right? maybe someone will prove me wrong though and take up your offer!

that said, i don't care how you or anyone here sells their records. i think my skepticism was warranted for the reasons i mentioned, but i also said i could be wrong, and if that's the case and you are truly legitimately just trying to be helpful than obviously more power to you, even if i think it's a silly and unnecessary form of help. i don't care about flipping etc anyway, all i care about is that people do what they say they will in the deals i make here and obviously you are legit in that regard as you're still selling here so you are totally fine in my eyes.

it was wrong of me to try and read into any malicious intent in your post when that wasn't really the point i was trying to make anyway, and i have no way of knowing for sure. i apologize for that chriswamsley. and in all sincerity, i hope you get your desired records and someone hooks it up for all you guys who want them at cost. 

On topic, I saw them tonight in a room of maybe 50 people and it was pretty dope. Christian is sick so they played a shorter set than normal. Heads up to anyone seeing them over the next couple days. I picked up the tour press as well. It's the regular art, but says Spring 2015 Tour Pressing and is hand numbered /100. Might post a picture tomorrow if I'm not feeling lazy