PO NOW: The Hotel Year (The Hotelier) - Home, Like No Place Is There

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do? I think you're younger than me and you're always dropping bank on records.

well I'm 22 if that helps, and I currently work at a ford car dealership. My job is pretty much logistics? like I organize special events/sales and manage what we keep in stock parts wise. and I am in charge of our tires which is a huge undertaking and money maker if handled correctly.

well I'm 22 if that helps, and I currently work at a ford car dealership. My job is pretty much logistics? like I organize special events/sales and manage what we keep in stock parts wise. and I am in charge of our tires which is a huge undertaking and money maker if handled correctly.

Oh, nice. Maybe I'll drop out of uni and get a trade and buy all the records I want.

Oh, nice. Maybe I'll drop out of uni and get a trade and buy all the records I want.

yeah college didn't really sound like my thing so I just put my head down and learned this business really well. I started at this new place about 6 months ago an have tripled their gross profit on tires and raised customer retention 12% aka i'm killing it and will see a nice bonus.

• 6 years later...

lol doing a big bump.

all of Hotelier's discography went out of print for about a year and represses are popping up via Christian's new label (and i think via partnership with Counter Intuitive) 

Bullmoose: https://www.bullmoose.com/search?art=The Hotelier&so=0&page=1

Rough Trade: https://roughtrade.com/us/the-hotelier

12 hours ago, porkdad said:

all of Hotelier's discography went out of print for about a year and represses are popping up via Christian's new label (and i think via partnership with Counter Intuitive) 

Interesting. Was wondering when they were going to do anything with that weird artist collective thing he so dramatically even did a live stream announcement for.

Already got their full discog minus some rare casettes and the fest split. If anyone wants to offload those, I'm here.

2 hours ago, dangerbirds said:

I meant Home Like No Place Is There specifically. Rough trade sold out like immediately.  

Ohhh. If BM is canceling orders they may have been notified that these releases aren’t announced yet and instructed to take down. I can’t imagine there won’t be some sort of official announcement for these from the band/label.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I will also be in the pool of old dudes (32).

Hotelier is in my top 5 bands and I’ve never seen them. They were super active during this album, then only the 1-2 tours they did for Goodness and then all East coast.

The only time I could have gone was after work in Santa Ana and then all hell broke loose at work and I had to do work until like midnight. This is why IT people are angry all the time ha.

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

I will also be in the pool of old dudes (32).

Hotelier is in my top 5 bands and I’ve never seen them. They were super active during this album, then only the 1-2 tours they did for Goodness and then all East coast.

The only time I could have gone was after work in Santa Ana and then all hell broke loose at work and I had to do work until like midnight. This is why IT people are angry all the time ha.

I was 32 when these albums came out . . .

1 hour ago, porkdad said:

I’m 32 and they only came thru my area after Goodness came out. Both shows i saw had under 100 people at them. Excited to see to potentially see them with people who care dearly. 

The 10 year anni shows I’ve been to this year (Jar and Youth) have been PACKED and everyone has been so fucking hyped. Sucks some of these bands have to resort to playing their big albums to consistently sellout shows but I’m glad they’re getting some money and recognition now.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

The 10 year anni shows I’ve been to this year (Jar and Youth) have been PACKED and everyone has been so fucking hyped. Sucks some of these bands have to resort to playing their big albums to consistently sellout shows but I’m glad they’re getting some money and recognition now.

I think Superheaven specifically caught on with people while they were on hiatus. Their streaming numbers are stupid big now! But I don’t think I ever remember Superheaven even being headliners or a band people really celebrated. It’s super cool to see them lean into being appreciated now.