OUT NOW: La Dispute - Rooms of the House

Always interesting to me when a band or artist switches labels. Seems like they feel less constrained to stick with the style of their previous albums and are more open to experimentation and progression.  I'm sure the band is also excited to be on a new label, so their motivations should be pretty high.

I think though that sometimes bands can have what's called a double contract cos I was speaking to some guy who knows some band at some festival and he said you can have contracts that say stuff like that and shit so it's not entirely impossible that No Sleeping will do the vinyl. No Sleeps do good vinyl so it makes sense that they do a The Dispute vinyl no matter what other label Las Disputes is with and stuff.

Ahh the often forgotten double contract factor. Almost as elusive as the double rainbow. 

I think though that sometimes bands can have what's called a double contract cos I was speaking to some guy who knows some band at some festival and he said you can have contracts that say stuff like that and shit so it's not entirely impossible that No Sleeping will do the vinyl. No Sleeps do good vinyl so it makes sense that they do a The Dispute vinyl no matter what other label Las Disputes is with and stuff.

"Some band at some festival"

"no sleeping"

"No sleeps do good vinyl"

"The Dispute vinyl"

"Las Disputes"

If anyone was speculating whether or not La Dispute would go through with a vinyl pressing with their own label (which I doubt anyone was) a vinyl listing for this album has popped up on Amazon, so the CD and vinyl pressings are confirmed, even if we don't know any kind of pressing info. The vinyl is $18.59 on Amazon, which is actually pretty cheap if this turns out to be a 2xLP like the past two albums were, so if anyone wants to secure a copy early...well, there you go.

On this new album, Jordan's lyrics take a turn for the Emmure. He takes out his aggression on ex's one by one with songs imagining where they are most likely having relations with other men now.

On this new album, Jordan's lyrics take a turn for the Emmure. He takes out his aggression on ex's one by one with songs imagining where they are most likely having relations with other men now.

For a second, I thought that was a serious description of the album. You had me sold. I should go to bed...