Valencia - We All Need A Reason To Believe first vinyl pressing

Got my half and half. It's gorgeous, but the lyric sleeve has massive seam splits on each side.

Got my half and half. It's gorgeous, but the lyric sleeve has massive seam splits on each side.

Mine also!

Can I ask you guys whether you find that a lot of insert sleeves like the ones that we used for this release come with splits when you order them? We are trying to get this fixed on our end and I'm kind of hoping to crowdsource the answer from people who regularly purchase records. 

For the Acceptance release we did not do shrinkwrapping and we had some split seams – we did shrinkwrapping this time and it seems like there are less, but it's still happening as you guys know. We've had to replace a fair amount of inner sleeves over the two releases which is of course a pain for both us and the person receiving the record. The next step would be to ship the inner sleeve outside the jacket, but I struggle to imagine (in terms of physics) how that would really even help. It kinda sucks. I think in the future we'll be leaning to printing separate 11x11 inserts instead of the sleeves that the disc actually goes in. 

And based on that last statement: Does anyone have any real preferences for separate inserts vs. insert sleeves when they see packaging? I personally prefer the sleeves, I think it is a nicer look in the packaging, which is why our first two releases have featured them...but I'm wondering if I'm alone in that preference. 

Sorry for the long post and thank you to anyone who responds, we want to do this the best we can and learn from our mistakes :)

Ship the records outside the sleeve as opposed to the inserts outside the sleeve, it'll stop the record from trying to escape through the insert and jacket.

This. Records that are already assembled and shrink-wrapped tend to show seam splits more often. I wish record labels would stop selling shrink-wrapped records.

Can I ask you guys whether you find that a lot of insert sleeves like the ones that we used for this release come with splits when you order them? We are trying to get this fixed on our end and I'm kind of hoping to crowdsource the answer from people who regularly purchase records. 

For the Acceptance release we did not do shrinkwrapping and we had some split seams – we did shrinkwrapping this time and it seems like there are less, but it's still happening as you guys know. We've had to replace a fair amount of inner sleeves over the two releases which is of course a pain for both us and the person receiving the record. The next step would be to ship the inner sleeve outside the jacket, but I struggle to imagine (in terms of physics) how that would really even help. It kinda sucks. I think in the future we'll be leaning to printing separate 11x11 inserts instead of the sleeves that the disc actually goes in. 

And based on that last statement: Does anyone have any real preferences for separate inserts vs. insert sleeves when they see packaging? I personally prefer the sleeves, I think it is a nicer look in the packaging, which is why our first two releases have featured them...but I'm wondering if I'm alone in that preference. 

Sorry for the long post and thank you to anyone who responds, we want to do this the best we can and learn from our mistakes :)

95% of the nicely printed inner sleeves I have that were shipped with the record in them are split when they arrive. I can deal, it's not a big problem as long as the record play through, just a bit of an annoyance.

95% of the nicely printed inner sleeves I have that were shipped with the record in them are split when they arrive. I can deal, it's not a big problem as long as the record play through, just a bit of an annoyance.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Usually if the record is in the printed sleeve it has at least a minor seam split. Most of the time it really doesn't bother me much.

This. Records that are already assembled and shrink-wrapped tend to show seam splits more often. I wish record labels would stop selling shrink-wrapped records.

I prefer things not to be shrink wrapped as well. One reason is usually then the label will include a plastic sleeve for the record. That ends up saving me a little money on my end because I don't have to use one of my own plastic sleeves. I mean it's not like it saves a ton or anything, but for convince sake I usually like it a little better. It just seems like shrink wrapping is a wasted expense when 90% of the time it just gets torn off and thrown away.

Well, Thomas is, Zack is too busy thinking of drama to get hits on his shitty-ass website.

The fact that you think this is a warranted comment is complete and utter bullshit. You have no idea what the work load split between Thomas and I is, and how we handle it, or how discussions about customer service and errors like sleeve splitting go between us. I am the individual that sends out every single order and do my absolute best to make sure everything is handled with care. I am also the individual that sends out any replacement sleeves/records for any customers that email in a concern or complaint. If you have a complaint, email [email protected].

Your statement is ignorant. And the fact that I can operate a successful website while also sending out your orders and managing a few bands is an accomplishment - on top of being a full time college student, and it's incredibly childish of you to diminish that. But hey, thanks for your support of our label.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with everyone else. I'd prefer not to have shrink wrapping, and would suggest trying to ship the record outside of the sleeve. Also, I don't really have a preference for whether there is an insert or a printed sleeve, I like both.

Glad to see you guys trying to get some customer feedback, very cool!

Regardless, I love this release, thanks again guys!

The fact that you think this is a warranted comment is complete and utter bullshit. You have no idea what the work load split between Thomas and I is, and how we handle it, or how discussions about customer service and errors like sleeve splitting go between us. I am the individual that sends out every single order and do my absolute best to make sure everything is handled with care. I am also the individual that sends out any replacement sleeves/records for any customers that email in a concern or complaint. If you have a complaint, email [email protected].

Your statement is ignorant. And the fact that I can operate a successful website while also sending out your orders and managing a few bands is an accomplishment - on top of being a full time college student, and it's incredibly childish of you to diminish that. But hey, thanks for your support of our label.

Hey zacky are you excited for our 21st birthday?!?! Miss u and ur comments <333

Yeah, I pretty much agree with everyone else. I'd prefer not to have shrink wrapping, and would suggest trying to ship the record outside of the sleeve. Also, I don't really have a preference for whether there is an insert or a printed sleeve, I like both.

Glad to see you guys trying to get some customer feedback, very cool!

Regardless, I love this release, thanks again guys!

Agreeing with this as well. I prefer a non shrink wrapped record.

Thank you everyone (except cwhit, but good trolling on his part) for the feedback! It helps a ton. We have a few releases in the works, some of which have insert sleeves but in those we'll use the shipping tips. We have at least one release coming in shrink-wrapped but I think I might have time to call that off.

Again, thank you for the suggestions - you guys are the best to ask because you buy tons of records and actually notice these things.

Thank you everyone (except cwhit, but good trolling on his part) for the feedback! It helps a ton. We have a few releases in the works, some of which have insert sleeves but in those we'll use the shipping tips. We have at least one release coming in shrink-wrapped but I think I might have time to call that off.

Again, thank you for the suggestions - you guys are the best to ask because you buy tons of records and actually notice these things.

you know me too well luv you thomas :)

but yeah, I'm okay with printed sleeves but only if they're far thicker. the really thin paper sleeves (like the ones you do) are basically impossible to avoid seam splits. toro y moi's latest had some really really thick ones that were gorgeous, worked well in the die-cut jacket too. But I prefer inserts if you need to keep them thin.

• 2 weeks later...

you know me too well luv you thomas :)

but yeah, I'm okay with printed sleeves but only if they're far thicker. the really thin paper sleeves (like the ones you do) are basically impossible to avoid seam splits. toro y moi's latest had some really really thick ones that were gorgeous, worked well in the die-cut jacket too. But I prefer inserts if you need to keep them thin.

Unrelated to Valencia but here say, "ohhhh hellz yaaaaaa" in regards to the sleeves Toro y Moi used. I like to use the black and white version of the cover facing forward ;) Rebel is my middle name

• 6 years later...