PO: FUN. BEFORE SHANE WENT TO BANGKOK: LIVE IN THE USA

tatom

I saw them last year at the very beginning of their tour in support of Some Nights - front row in a 1,500 person club. It was great.

I remember seeing them play in a resturaunt in HOB San Diego (because some unknown country artist sold more tickets than them) to 80 people.... how things have changed

My first time was seeing them open for Jack's Mannequin in 2008. I remember girls giggling at them thinking their music/style was lame... probably the same kind of girls that put We Are Young lyrics in their FB statuses 5 years later. It's amazing how they blew up, but one of my favorite things about them is that the people who saw them early on are still really into them and haven't been turned away just because they became popular.

I remember when I first heard of fun. too. 3 days before their first official announcement...

Nate_zps35b88fe4.png

....sorry, have to brag when I get the chance. Plus, I'm drunk and it's my b-day in a few hours, so I don't feel guilty.

well Nate actually emailed me FIVE days before the fun. announcement annnd I already had his AIM... and he actually telepathically sent me the info

ok aside form being an ass, that's pretty cool. I always tell people I can remember that email going out that had the Benson Hedges Demo... those were the days!  :rolleyes:

Whoever said earlier it seemed like this release was geared towards the fans who have been there since day one seems to have hit the nail on the head: 

Letter from Nate:

"Two years. I’m sitting here on my couch - watching football - Andrew should be here any minute with a pizza - and I’ve been asked to say a little something about the last two years. To be honest, I thought I’d be ecstatic to get home from two years of touring. What was supposed to be just another album and touring cycle, turned into the craziest two years any of us have ever had. If I were to be asked the very unoriginal question of “what was the highlight of it all so far?”, and had to answer it honestly - I would have to say the unwavering support and energy that you guys provided at all of our shows. After all, we never thought any of this would happen…all we ever wanted (at the time) was to continue to play the wild and crazy shows that we had grown so accustomed to at the incarnation of this group. We just thought we would pick up some more fans along the way. Trust me, I will take what its all become…but at the very core of it, it’s a bunch of hard working people spending their hard earned money, dancing and singing along while we have the time of our lives. It’s an incredible thing. And while it can feel and seem so natural for us being on stage (trust me - you should have seen us backstage before we played in front of our first group of 3,000), I don’t think we could have done it if it wasn’t for those original fun. fans, coming to their second or third or fourth concert of ours, and embracing the new people that have come along the way. I’ve always been so proud of the people that come to our shows…it’s an eclectic group, free to be whomever they want, just so long as they sing…loud…and it never felt like anyone had to play “catch up” on how it is at the shows. 

So while I’m STILL waiting for Andrew to appear, and I’m enjoying the occasional day off (I can sing again!)…I’d prefer he showed up in a van with Jack, Nattie, Emily, and Will. Cause I’m already starting to get that itch. I miss you guys. And you mean the world to us.
So take this free batch of live songs from the last tour, and try to remember what a great time we had. Enjoy WTF…its nice to see it finally catch an official light of day. And rest up. Cause we will be back in your city before you know it.
All the Love In the World,

- Nate"

well Nate actually emailed me FIVE days before the fun. announcement annnd I already had his AIM... and he actually telepathically sent me the info

ok aside form being an ass, that's pretty cool. I always tell people I can remember that email going out that had the Benson Hedges Demo... those were the days!  :rolleyes:

Same thing here, man. Guess we got one-upped! lol But seriously, that benson hedges demo was the best day :)

Shipping is ridiculous and makes this overpriced as has been stated numerous times above, but I couldn't resist.

I still would have bought it if it was priced at $16 and the shipping made it $21 but to see $9.50 shipping doesn't even hide that FBR is trying to make a buck off of that. Their store is the worst I can think of when it comes to unreasonable shipping, I don't get why they don't just price their item higher in that case so that the shipping doesn't feel like a punch in the gut.

I am surprised this hasn't sold out yet though.

If anyone wants the old Benson Hedges demo, SPIN had the mp3 up for free download here. (mp3 here)

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered the UK variant from the US... Interested to see if there's a sound difference between 10in and 12in. Came out to be 13.61 GBP which ended up being $23.15

Oh well... fun. are my boys

Wondering if one of the sites is mistaken the 12" for a 10" or vice versa. Doesn't make a lot of sense to press two different sizes...

Edit: It does say 1000 copies worldwide...

• 4 weeks later...