Instagram Record A Day

IanRees

I know we're just getting into day 5 and all. But something has me thinking. Are y'all posting to try to one-up others in whatever category it is for the day or just grabbing whatever first applies to that day?

I ask because although it wasn't explicit, Casey comments something about my bragging when I posted the different pressings of MtB - POI for the colored vinyl day. No, I AM NOT PISSED AT CASEY...let's be clear on that...but it did get me thinking.

I try to post something about each record and why I love it so. Sometimes it's a short story or a fact about it or whatever, but I keep in mind that most of the people who see it are my friends that don't know shit about records and don't care that much about music.

http://instagram.com/steventangent <- let's get weird

I know we're just getting into day 5 and all. But something has me thinking. Are y'all posting to try to one-up others in whatever category it is for the day or just grabbing whatever first applies to that day?

I ask because although it wasn't explicit, Casey comments something about my bragging when I posted the different pressings of MtB - POI for the colored vinyl day. No, I AM NOT PISSED AT CASEY...let's be clear on that...but it did get me thinking.

I'm not trying to one up anyone because let's be serious my collection isn't that impressive but I do like to post something cool or different while knowing that someone will probably post something cooler or more unique.  Like today I figured that a lot of Deftones would be posted but maybe not a lot would be of the clear variant of Koi.  

In a way I'm also curious to hear what are people's selective process going into each day. 

For example, for today with D I knew I was not going to post Deafheaven because that was a bit predictable for me, as I posted, so I went through my records list to see all D's. (My actual records organization at home has absolutely no order but I know where everything is)

i'm also trying not to choose anything that i expect to see from others. which is why i won't be using grease, saturday night fever, or the graduate tomorrow.