Instagram Record A Day

IanRees

Really pumped on this! I have a friend who is doing this too who does not participate here at VC. Great 1st day.

I was just wondering IF anyone is in the same boat as me where there will have to be some substitutions. I was just wondering if you know you can't participate in one - in my case, the 2 coloured vinyl - what do you guys have planned… i don't really want to just post anything. I'd prefer some fun suggestions. Anyone plan around this?

I'm having a hard time thinking of what I have that I can post on MLK Day. I feel so racist.

You don't have any records with a member who is black???

I'm actually really torn for that one. I want to post about 10. But in the spirit of the whole thing I won't :(

I'm actually pretty surprised how easily I've got each day covered. I've only got a modest collection(~500 LPs), and thought I'd have to substitute.

I figured that today would bring out a lot of the older LPs from the 70s/80s, and a lot of great choices. But I am SO disappointed that a ton of people chose Fleetwood Mac - Rumours. 

That album is the opposite of a guilty pleasure. Bob Seger or Lionel Richie is one thing, but throwing such an important record into the guilty pleasures category is just shameful. 

I figured that today would bring out a lot of the older LPs from the 70s/80s, and a lot of great choices. But I am SO disappointed that a ton of people chose Fleetwood Mac - Rumours. 

That album is the opposite of a guilty pleasure. Bob Seger or Lionel Richie is one thing, but throwing such an important record into the guilty pleasures category is just shameful. 

I agree man, and today is a tough one. Guilty pleasures… extremely subjective. 

I had a tough time picking mine so I chose one that my friends mostly ask "why do you have that?"...

I don't believe in guilty pleasures. I don't feel guilty about any of the music I listen to and the bands/artists I like.

Oh well.

I even put that as a disclaimer in my post. I saw one other person so far that did as well. 

While people drive around blaring Drake, I drive around with Pokey Lafarge cranked to 11. People like us don't have guilty pleasures.

I even put that as a disclaimer in my post. I saw one other person so far that did as well. 

While people drive around blaring Drake, I drive around with Pokey Lafarge cranked to 11. People like us don't have guilty pleasures.

It may have been mine. I posted the Christina Aguilera record and added that disclaimer.