Million Dead aka Frank Turners punk / post core band before he went solo petition and email campaign

OK so I'm a huge fan of the UK punk / postcore band Million Dead which current punk / alt country artist Frank Turner fronted before he went solo. And maybe it's a little silly but I called out Frank Turners label, xtra mile recordings, on instagram as to why they just put out a special edition, 10th anniversary CD of Million Dead ' A song to Ruin' but didn't bother with a Vinyl Edition.

They in return, issued a challenge back to me on instagram so I'm taking it up because why not? They set up a new email address and said if enough people email and say 'put million dead on vinyl' then they will seriously consider it. I also set up a petition so please feel free to sign it. I might fail miserably, but id like to see how far this actually goes.

UPDATE!!!!

So as it turns out, while my/our emails and petition signings are not the direct cause of it happening, at least we stirred the pot enough to get some welcomed answers from a legitimate source confirming this has already been in the works for a few months from Integrity Records in the UK!

So basically please stop emailing Xtra Mile and instead PLEASE follow Integrity Records on facebook, twitter, and instagram, and harass them instead for updates on this as it seems they have already been working on this as a release sometime in 2014 as of this past September.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to sign or email, and special thanks to JJPC for going the extra mile and digging up the dirt :)

On it! Fucking ace album. Walked in on these guys at 100Club when they supported the icarus line and was like "woah! Holy shit!" They were great.

When the 10 year cd was released, Julia (MD bassist) posted it on her Facebook, the engineer for the recording asked why it was never released on vinyl.... She said it just wasn't but was happy to throw it out there and see what the interest was. I guess it's come to this.

Excellent guys and thanks! I think the emails might be taken more seriously, but I figured a petition couldn't hurt either. Seriously when I found out they were releasing a 10 year anniversary deluxe cd, I just assumed the vinyl was a sure thing. Really surprised when no news came of it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...