So, VC: What'd you get for the holidays?

Lets post our hauls!

Girlfriend:

Acryl-It platter (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Moving Mountains - S/T LP

Futurama season 8

Swedish Fish Candy Canes

A bunch of Salt and Vinegar flavored Almonds (my favorite)

Mom/Dad:

Panini Press

Snoopy "happy new years" ornament

Kinder Eggs!

GF's Mom:

A little Snoopy/Woodstock thingy where they ride a Zamboni around an ice rink (I'm obsessed with Charles Schulz and Peanuts) http://www.amazon.com/Department-56-Smoothes-Animated-Figurine/dp/B007A5KA3K

Candy

Sister got a $250 purse. Fucking stupid but whatever. She made it easy on me and sent me the Amazon link a month ago so I went with it.

Other sister got cash (poor college student)

My mom got a recliner.

My dad got a new mattress. His old one had a permanent U shape to it.

My big present was a garmin g6 (golf gps). Tells you the distance to the hole and is preloaded with 30k course layouts. Was pretty happy with it. Rest of my presents were little things -- clothes, shoes, stocking stuffers.

The Walking Dead Season 3 and Game Of Thrones Season 2 on Blu-Ray.
Some clothes. 
A New Cartridge and Belt.

Money.

Polar Bear Club - Clash Battle Guilt Pride (Translucent Green)
Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous (Black)
The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die - Whenever, If Ever (Translucent Red with White Smoke)
Anti-Flag - The Terror State (Black)

Pretty standard haul of socks/underwear and clothes that are too small. My family doesn't try much anymore, which is fine, because I buy myself the things I want generally anyway during the year. The girlfriend did get me a pair of the nice new green/gumsole vans. I'll probably buy the denim blue ones as well for myself this week.

I got new tires for my hoopty (not fancy tires. I was just due for some tread).

I also got a Swiffer WetJet and Swiffer Dry Mop. I know it sounds silly, but I was effing PUMPED when I opened the Swiffers. Hardwood floors all through my house are a pain in the ass. 

I literally came home last night (we opened gifts with my parents yesterday) and put the WetJet together and cleaned all of my floors.

My sister and brother in law gave me $40 gift card for hot topic

Brother gave me $50 gift card for hot topic, and $25 gift card for local vinyl shop(vinyl daze)

Nephew found me a unopened copy of The Devil Wears Prada "plagues". Purple color. Was my #1 want that I had been looking for on here

Parents got me a new computer chair and a fold up workout bench along with a few bottles of sodastream flavors and accessories.

The HT gift cards should cover most of the upcoming blink 182 releases. And I can't wait to see what I find tomorrow at vinyl daze.

Besides last nights AOF fiasco been a great day. Happy holidays all!!! Stay safe and enjoy the day

Fiance

Kevin Devine - bubblegum and bulldozer

Cypress Hill - Black Sunday

Sister:

new set of towels

$50 gift card to my favorite brunch spot.

Parents:

a REALLY nice juicer

few visa gift cards

new set of bed sheets

undies, socks, etc

Steak Knife set

vegetarian cookbook

memory foam pillow

the girls mom:

two new hoodies

a giftcard to the Topshelf Records web store

the girls dad:

two pretty awesome sweaters.

pocket watch.

My wife and I bought ourselves a new tv. My parents and my sister drove from Montréal to Minneapolis to spend 5 days with us for graduation last week so that's a pretty amazing present, considering that they were just here in September for my wedding.

There's a gift exchange with my wife's family later. We picked names a few weeks ago... I'm kinda scared.

My wife Got me padded biking shorts, new water bottles, fancy bright colored dress socks, masked intruder Christmas sweater, and ordered some records but didn't arrive in time (slayer represses).

Parents gave me cash and a gift card for a local bar.

I got some gifts from sales reps I work with which included mad chocolates/candies, a chromecast USB thingy (which I haven't gotten to try yet), Starbucks gift cards, and a bottle of jack Daniels.

Haven't done presents with my wife's family yet but I'm expecting coffee products, iTunes & Starbucks giftcards. The typical.

I didn't ask for anything this year so that I could be totally surprised when anyone who was nice enough to get me something gave it to me. Well, that worked out wonderfully and I got a lot of really amazing stuff from my awesome family and friends :)

The craziest gift was my brother and sister gave me a pair of solo HD Beats. I was never a fan of Beats before now but my brother and sister kick ass so the headphones naturally do too.

My parents got me a whole new wardrobe for my student teaching that starts soon and I've never been more excited about clothes. They also got me some rad dress shoes, a bit of cash, AND an Ortofon 2M Blue!

I'm meeting my girlfriend in Vegas tomorrow (which my parents also bought me a new suitcase for!) and she will surely have gotten me something awesome since she always does.

I gave my brother some awesome games (Settlers and Munchkin), and my sister a gift card to get some jeans (I already bought her a ticket to see Fall Out Boy back in September). My mom got a selection of wine, some make-up and a 6 pack of Soft Parade from me, and I bought my dad a Hickory Farms gift box. I also got everyone some lottery tickets. My girlfriend sometimes roams the boards so I can't say what she got yet ha.

Damn, writing all of that out made me feel even better about the holiday. Merry Christmas everyone!

My wife:

Wine glass set (kinda random)

New snapback

Grill cover

Nikes

Biffy Clyro double album

Water canteen

Cologne

In laws:

New Dyson vacumm (very exciting!)

Electronic front door lock (also very exciting)

Couch set (just have to pick it out)

Basketball shoes

Tons of stuff for our son

My wife's parents are extremely generous every Christmas and get us a lot of practical items that we've been needing throughout the year. Her dad helped build an oil company in our small town so they are very well set with their whole financial situation. It almost makes me feel guilty that they bless us with so much! Missed that Alexisonfire boxset last night but that is the least of my worries and glad I've gotten to enjoy this season with all of my family. Got lucky enough to take 10 days off this month.

LPs from a mess of people (mostly myself):

Nico - Desertshore - 2002 (Reissue,180g)

NIco - Chelsea Girl - 2012 (Repress, 180g)

Siouxsie And The Banshees - Juju - 1981(OG, with 7")

PInk Floyd - The Final Cut - 1983 (OG)

PInk Floyd - The Wall - 1979 (OG)

Queen - News of the World -  2009 (Reissue)

Panic! at the DIsco - Prettry Odd.- 2013 (Reissue, Purple)

Panic! at the DIsco - Vices and Virtues  - 2013 (OG, Maroon)

Panic! at the DIsco - Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die! - 2013 (OG, Splatter)

Paramore - Brand New Eyes - 2013 (Repress, Yellow/Black)

Hole - Pretty on the Inside - 2011 (Repress)

Besides that I got some T-Rex and David Bowie Cds from my Dad, ARTPOP and $50 of Riot Points (League of legends money) from my brother and some cookware from my mom. Merry Christmas everybody!

i got:

a nice thermos for coffee.

polo red cologne, it smells funny.

$100 gas gift card (poor university student here)

$100 pre paid visa

and my sister got me an xbox live subscription

funny part:  was desperately hoping for straight cash or a cheque from my parents so i could use it to pay off my visa bill from buying christmas gifts for them.  instead i get $100 on a visa gift card that can't be used for that, so now i may be fucked.  and my mom had to pay some activation fee on the gift card, so cash would have been cheaper.  lol.

and that's not supposed to sound like i'm not grateful, i just find it funny how it worked out, not being able to use the money towards my visa bill.

It's weird seeing everyone else's haul vs mine. I was way excited about the tires and the cleaning supplies.

I think this is a sign that I'm getting old.

I'm with you. Me and my wife got one of those Shark vacuums for Christmas.

We got home from my parents house, set the thing up and vacuumed our carpet and around the fireplace downstairs.

It's fucking awesome.