Show VC: I built a site for remembering the concerts you've been to.

Also, some band names have a comma in their title. I know you can work around it by creating a concert and editing the band name after, but for initial input maybe have band names be separated by semi-colons if that's a possibility?

Fixed! Instead of commas, you know separate bands by semicolons. That way bands that have commas in their names don't get broken into 2 bands.

I agree with you on that, MCM.  There probably are some out there but in no way are they complete.

My dream website ( I guess it's similar to songkick????? ) is you enter your zip code and follow bands, and you can see a calendar of all of the bands you follow and when they are coming near you.  You get notifications when new shows are added, blah blah.

Question : do you add shows you've been to, that you've played at?  My shitty band played like 60 shows, do I get to count them all?

I agree with you on that, MCM.  There probably are some out there but in no way are they complete.

My dream website ( I guess it's similar to songkick????? ) is you enter your zip code and follow bands, and you can see a calendar of all of the bands you follow and when they are coming near you.  You get notifications when new shows are added, blah blah.

Question : do you add shows you've been to, that you've played at?  My shitty band played like 60 shows, do I get to count them all?

ugh, I didnt even start with shitty shows my band played... or all the shows I went to.  that is going to be impossible

I always wish there was a database of tours bands do with supporting acts, dates, etc. I usually think about it when I remember my first concert - Green Day touring in support of Insomniac. I am curious as to who the openers were, but can never find anything when I google about it.

Do you remember when (1996?), the city, and/or venue? I've gotten pretty good at sleuthing concerts :)

If I was in a band that played shows, I'd definitely add them on there. 

That's pretty similar to Bandsintown, is it not? 

Yeah I haven't even added in tours that I've been on? But I guess it counts!

just got an email reminder about seeing piebald/mychemical romance/choke 11 years ago today.  thats pretty awesome, had no idea it was going to send out emails like that. 

Glad you like that feature!

Here's what the emails look like if you haven't got one yet. It includes a couple of photo thumbnails if some have been uploaded to the concert.

concert-flashback-emails-lg.jpg

I always wish there was a database of tours bands do with supporting acts, dates, etc. I usually think about it when I remember my first concert - Green Day touring in support of Insomniac. I am curious as to who the openers were, but can never find anything when I google about it.

i saw green day on the insomniac tour in november '95 - they had the riverdales and pansy division.

Hola!

I'm happy to show off a brand new feature, The Past Concert Search Engine! As we talked about before, remembering the concerts you've been to can be tough. This helps.

You just enter the info you remember, like the band, location, and/or year to easily find concerts. Like "Modest Mouse Portland" or "Modest Mouse Portland 2002", for example.

Maybe the best part is that with just 1 click, you can add the concert to your history, without having to type in the all the event info. Super handy!

Here's a screenshot:

past-concert-search-engine-7.png

Hey...first of all I just wanna say that I love this website, great idea and concept! :)

I've a minor problem though that I don't seem to be able to fix on my own. But I've been to e.g. 3 different concerts at Voxhall in Aarhus in Denmark, but somehow it seems like I've been to the 3 concerts at 3 different venues, it won't accept it as being the same venue..same thing happens to me as well with Magnet Club in Berlin O.o...Sorry, this is rather hard for me to explain actually, but I hope you can catch my drift. 

Hey...first of all I just wanna say that I love this website, great idea and concept! :)

I've a minor problem though that I don't seem to be able to fix on my own. But I've been to e.g. 3 different concerts at Voxhall in Aarhus in Denmark, but somehow it seems like I've been to the 3 concerts at 3 different venues, it won't accept it as being the same venue..same thing happens to me as well with Magnet Club in Berlin O.o...Sorry, this is rather hard for me to explain actually, but I hope you can catch my drift. 

Hey Wexzer, I merged those duplicate venues for you. I'll keep an eye out and see why that's happening.

Cheers!

Props to anyone who can remember all the shows they've been too. 

Way too many locals for me. 

Way too many in general.

yeah i wanna try and do this but theres no way it will ever be complete. I've been going to shows since middle school (im 31 now), have worked w/ bands, toured w/ bands and played many shows myself.

yeah i wanna try and do this but theres no way it will ever be complete. I've been going to shows since middle school (im 31 now), have worked w/ bands, toured w/ bands and played many shows myself.

Gotta start somewhere?

What's going to happen to duplicate entries?  That is, entries that I have inputted that someone else then also inputted thus creating duplicates?

As in duplicates of the same concert? Eventually I'd like to have a way to programmatically check for duplicates and merge them.