Show VC: I built a site for remembering the concerts you've been to.

Uploading my stuff now. Just one small thing, when inputting the 'bands' section on the 'add a concert page', once it automatically suggests a band name and you click the suggested name it will add the word you are currently typing to the band list.

For example, I'm typing in The Early November and after I type The Earl it auto suggests The Early November. If I then click the suggested band name, it will add both The Earl as well as The Early November to the 'bands' box and I will have to manually click on and delete The Earl.

Just a super small problem that one line of code would probably fix. Sweet website though!

This bug is now fixed. No more weird half-band-names  :D

Where "Save Concert" maybe a "Save and add new"

Could work. I'll give it some thought. 

HAHAHA, my work blocks the add concert section.  When the screen loads it says blocked for adult content!

Really?! Screenshot!

Cool site! I signed up.

I keep a journal with details of the concerts I've been going to along with the stub. I write about the experiences I had and what I was going through at the time for context. It would be cool to put this info online because I dislike my handwriting and I tend to run out of room.

Wow, it's really awesome to capture the context of shows like that. I wish I'd done that.

Hey Justin - how do you prevent duplicate shows from being made?  Can you "merge" shows?

Yeah, currently it'll create duplicate concerts. It's kind of by design until I come up with a better solution. For example, say you went to a festival and saw only 5 bands. You wouldn't want all 50 bands to be added to your concert history because somebody else saw them.

Let me know which concerts need merged and I can merge them for you.

I think the bio wouldn't be a bad idea.

From all the ticket stubs I could find I put this list together. It's nowhere near how many shows I've actually seen, I've seen Protest the Hero at least 8 times because I was a massive fanboy back in the day, same for Streetlight Manifesto.

http://www.seendb.com/fangsanalsatan/

Other than a ton of local shows and a handful of ska tours I can't remember without digging through my stubs (I will do this later) my list is complete:

http://www.seendb.com/randomfortunepa

I will be starting off 2014 right with shows from Neutral Milk Hotel, The Murder City Devils and possibly the Pixies. 

I dunno if its been mentioned but it would be cool if it somehow integrated w/ bands in town so you could search for past shows.

no way in hell im remember the date and all info from every show ive gone too, id have a better chance if i could search and select.

Yeah, I'd love to do that at some point. Songkick has a really good list of concerts as well.

In the meantime you can go to Songkick and search things like "Modest Mouse Portland" and it'll only show the concerts that the band played in your city. Pretty handy for researching.