VC's definitive list of albums, A- Z (VOTING CLOSED)

brandy

so if 69 people pick 69 different albums and the 70th person picks a record that was already chosen.... that record would win with 2 votes. 

Haha. That is true. When I came up with this idea, I was banking on this not happening... Hopefully it won't.. I mean, there must be a few great albums that most people can agree on being the best right?

If black flag damaged doesnt win B it is a lost list. Looking at A you already passed over Agnostic Front and the Angry Samoans. In 3 days i don't see anyone considering American Football "definitive".

For all my grinchiness it is still a fun idea

Dude.. You're thinking artists, not albums!

so if 69 people pick 69 different albums and the 70th person picks a record that was already chosen.... that record would win with 2 votes. 

Well, we could make it such that the winning record has to win by a margin of 3 or more votes. If an album wins by less than 3 votes, a "second round" would take place between the top few albums.

Which also means for the letter A, I would have to do a "second round" between Abbey Road, American Football and the other albums with 2 votes. I'm guessing this would happen for many of the rounds, which would in effect make this a 2-round voting system

I'm throwing this out there now because this thing is still in its early stages, and the only adjustment I have to make would be to hold a second-round of voting for letter A for American Football and the other albums with 3 and 2 votes.

I want people to have fun doing this thing, so let me know how you guys feel about this. If most people feel the current system is okay, we'll just go ahead as usual of course.

Well, we could make it such that the winning record has to win by a margin of 3 or more votes. If an album wins by less than 3 votes, a "second round" would take place between the top few albums.

Which also means for the letter A, I would have to do a "second round" between Abbey Road, American Football and the other albums with 2 votes. I'm guessing this would happen for many of the rounds, which would in effect make this a 2-round voting system

I'm throwing this out there now because this thing is still in its early stages, and the only adjustment I have to make would be to hold a second-round of voting for letter A for American Football and the other albums with 3 and 2 votes.

I want people to have fun doing this thing, so let me know how you guys feel about this. If most people feel the current system is okay, we'll just go ahead as usual of course.

Nah, I think the current voting system is fine. People should just name an album they like and stop bitching why everything else is total bullshit. If there's a draw, winning album could that one which has been mentioned first.

I think the setup you have now is fine. I dont think anyone was bitching, just suggesting ideas. 

I'll also throw my vote towards Blue Album, though I have never heard it,  I hate every other album on the list :D

Thanks. But we're now in a tie-breaker round for letter B and 5 albums are in the running. So please vote for one of the 5! (see page 8)

Mogwai - Come On Die Young

Fuck me. This one is my new one and also my vote.

Third vote's a charm;

come-on-die-young.jpg

This was my no-brainer pick from last night, too, before we had a tie-breaker on our hands. I gave it additional thought today - just to be safe - and decided that I'm quite comfortable with the choice. Clarity would be a solid second choice. I'm not smitten for Jimmy Eat World, but that album is unfuckwithable.