VC's definitive list of albums, A- Z (VOTING CLOSED)

brandy

I know, but while I think some people (including myself) have voted for two albums from the same artist I think 3 is overkill. Especially considering that one artist won 3 letters. Its not the end of the world, just lame. Variety is subjective here, but there are more artists even in the same genre/letter...

It's an interesting result. I don't really see how it's lame when it's an open vote. Personally I think In Rainbows is Radiohead's best album, and would gladly swap it with the over rated 'in the aeroplane over the sea' even if it meant four Radiohead albums were on the list.

It's an interesting result. I don't really see how it's lame when it's an open vote. Personally I think In Rainbows is Radiohead's best album, and would gladly swap it with the over rated 'in the aeroplane over the sea' even if it meant four Radiohead albums were on the list.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but that is rubbish. Personally, I was not a fan of In Rainbows at all, but I won't dismiss it. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is not "over rated" and was deserving of the category.

Radiohead sells a lot of albums and has a lot of publicity throughout the media. Anyone who takes them winning multiple categories as a slight to indie bands that we all love is reading too much into this.

I was happy to see "Oh, Calcutta" get 5 votes. If you are looking at votes here divided by albums sold, that is an incredibly higher ratio for the Lawrence Arms.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but that is rubbish. Personally, I was not a fan of In Rainbows at all, but I won't dismiss it. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is not "over rated" and was deserving of the category.

Maybe over rated is the wrong term. It's a good album, but I feel like it's a bit over - hyped in the sense that those people who only like things because someone else said it was cool have flocked over in their masses.

tumblr_mdu9c89l601rq9ghh.gif

Touché Amoré - Parting The Sea Between Brightness and Me

Honorable mentions:

Chelsea Wolfe - Pain Is Beauty

Pennywise - Pennywise

Periphery - Periphery

Periphery - Periphery II: This Time It's Personal

Breaking Benjamin - Phobia

Story of the Year - Page Avenue

Tenacious D - The Pick of Destiny

Bury Tomorrow - Portraits

Haste the Day - Pressure the Hinges

Don Broco - Priorities

Into It. Over It. - Proper

Counterparts - Prophets

Count me in on PTSBBAM as well...also, some rad albums among your honourable mentions :)

PG-put_your_back_n2_it.jpg

Perfume Genius – Put Your Back N 2 It

honorable mentions:

The Beach Boys – Pet Sounds

Moving Mountains – Pneuma

Death Cab For Cutie – The Photo Album

Sage Francis – Personal Journals

BTBAM – The Parallax II: Future Sequence

Andrew Jackson Jihad – People Who Can Eat People Are the Luckiest People in the World