Zeppelin Vinyl Reissues

avl

I like this prospect and agree that unless they're LPs in not interested

Most of their albums are attainable, but either in only decent quality or for too much money... I would probably buy each album in a box format if the bonus materials are substantial enough.

III is my fave album, so I'm glad that's the point they're taking it to on the first round.

I and II are fucking amazing as well.

Guest Justin Maheiny

The song writing credits will confuse most

Despite having heard rumors about this forever, I didn't really know the full extent of it until I watched the youtube plagiarism videos a couple years ago. It was like learning I was adopted at age 35. I still love them. But that really sucks.

What do you mean "Proper vinyl issues?"

I basically meant that they do this reissue press on Vinyl with the extras and remastered nicely. Here's to hoping. 

Article didn't mention vinyl at all... hopefully it won't be CD only.

I know, that's why I put "fingers crossed" for vinyl! CD is for sure, obviously. 

Proper as in not like the original presses? I'm confused.

See above. 

It says in the article they want to do a box set for each album, and that Shepard Fairey is doing art for the reissues. I say fuck that to both, just do some high-grade single LP reproductions of the originals and sell them for 30 bucks like the Neil Young reissues. Then geezers will sell their early pressings to me for cheap.

Weren't all these redone on 180/200 gm.vinyl a while back,now going for insane $,and unless they plan on pressing II with the original RL mastering why would one bother.

If you do your homework and with some patience you can pickup all of these original pressings in pretty nice shape probably for less that what they plan on charging for these remasters.....$40/$50,just a guess.

In 2006 Classic Records outdid themselves with the comprehensive Led Zeppelin Box set. There has never been an undertaking quite like the production of this box set. In addition to the Super Vinyl Profile 200 gram Quiex SV-P technology, Classic Records produced these on single sided 12" records at 45 rpm speed. Every Led Zeppelin album was mastered directly from the original master recordings.

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/160991266523/Led_Zeppelin_45rpm_Road_Case_From_Classic_Records_founder_personal_archive

Those Classic reissues were the way to do a vinyl repress. Sadly, I don't think WEA is gonna spend near that level of time or effort on these new ones. They'll sell truckloads to young kids regardless of SQ, so who cares, right?

Too bad Classic went under... I was able to snag some of their Peter Gabriel presses for reasonable (under $50) prices and they sound flat-out amazing.

I'm interested to see if this will end up like the Pink Floud reissue campaign, with only 3 albums receiving vinyl reissues.

That still pisses me off to no end.  They remaster the 3 easiest to find albums and leave the rest of the catalog stagnant. I'd kill to find a nice, reasonably priced copy of Animals or Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

I'm stoked about the Zeppelin reissues though. And like most others, hope they put them out on vinyl.

I picked up a pretty nice copy of Animals back in the '90s for about $8. Not the quietest record ever, but considering how tough it is to find now, I'll take it. 

Our store actually gets Floyd in fairly regularly... I snagged Meddle and Momentary Lapse there, but Animals, Final Cut, Ummagumma, and More also come in from time to time (along with the big 3). Piper is still pretty rare. Of course, finding a super-clean copy is always the trick... But there ARE lots of copies out there, so find a good used record store and check back often.