Auto return won't auto return

I just scooped a piece of turntable history for 10 bucks. A Sears Electronics multi changer made by BSR, just like the one I used to stack KISS records on in the mid-late 70's. Came armed with the classic 'Genuine Diamond LP stylus' and works great… except for one thing: the auto return doesn't automatically return because the needle doesn't lock into the inner return groove of most records. 

Reading online forums, I found mention of an 'arm detection adjustment screw' but have been unable to find anything that does this on my new ride. Otherwise, the thing works great… especially for stacking crap vinyl.

Tips would be greatly appreciated...

BSR%204800_2_400.jpg

(similar, but not identical to the one pictured here)

Probably needs some lubrication, lots of mechanics in there, those BSR decks might not have been the latest word in sonic excellence but they were pretty bullet proof.

Be very careful handling it without the base on as there is lots of mains electricity in there and it will be quite exposed and easy to catch with a stray finger.

There may well be a switch that has to be made to return the arm or it may be a mechanical process, if you have a glass table run it on that with the base off so you can look underneath and see what is or isn't going on.

Mind you I bet it still sounds better than a lot of the plastic crap about today and looks a lot better as well.