A389 7 New Releases

Goes up at 12 EST today. Prepare for 10 dollar 7"s and 18 dollar LPs.

INTEGRITY 7th Revelation: Beyond The Realm Of The VVitch 7″
THE BELLICOSE MINDS Buzz Or Howl 10″
HAYMAKER Let Them Rot 7″
BLOODLET Embrace 7″
BLOODLET Entheogen 2×12″
SHIN TO SHIN s/t 12″
IN COLD BLOOD Suicide King 12″ (Reissue)

http://www.a389records.com/site/

As I mentioned on Twitter in reply to Jhulud (to which he backpedalled faster than a motocross VHS tape in rewind mode)

Anyone who wants to:
pay for a recording/mastering,
manufacture records in a limited quantity,
pay for stuff like etchings or huge poster inserts,
take care of license /royalty copies 
PR,
additional general expenses + time / effort that goes into running a label of this size full time on limited time/resources and sell their records for less....

well the door is wide open my friends.  

You're crying over a 7" record thats $7.77 thats limited to 1000 and has an etched b-side and/or a 2XLP that was licensed from another label and comes with super nice packaging and a huge 24x36 poster that had to be manually reconstructed because the original artwork was lost.

It's easy to sit in the sidelines and hate/complain.  I encourage you to get in the game and try it for yourselves.  Or invent a time machine that will take you back to 1988 where your pricing and logic makes sense.   

Dom/A389

Awwwww c'mon Dom!!! I didn't backpedal...at least not THAT fast!

I did feel bad afterwards cuz I know that labels have been getting a lot of flack lately for raising their prices. Understandably so. 

At first I was taken aback at the price. Not gonna lie about that. But after your slightly aggressive reply (and it was), I thought about it some more and realized that I've seen more costly/pricey record be put out and people, including myself, not bat an eye and purchase it. 

So dude...let me first to step up and apologize for having done sort of "calling out" or bitching or fingerpointing. I've always supported A389 and you with a few releases in not only buying stuff but also working out deals for test presses (which I always appreciate when a label is open to doing so). 

My apologies if my tweet/comment/crying bothered you and put you on the defensive. Was never my intention. I am always the last to bitch out a label. Wrong words were chose and now here we are. Let's make up. 

Kiss!

Awwwww c'mon Dom!!! I didn't backpedal...at least not THAT fast!

I did feel bad afterwards cuz I know that labels have been getting a lot of flack lately for raising their prices. Understandably so. 

At first I was taken aback at the price. Not gonna lie about that. But after your slightly aggressive reply (and it was), I thought about it some more and realized that I've seen more costly/pricey record be put out and people, including myself, not bat an eye and purchase it. 

So dude...let me first to step up and apologize for having done sort of "calling out" or bitching or fingerpointing. I've always supported A389 and you with a few releases in not only buying stuff but also working out deals for test presses (which I always appreciate when a label is open to doing so). 

My apologies if my tweet/comment/crying bothered you and put you on the defensive. Was never my intention. I am always the last to bitch out a label. Wrong words were chose and now here we are. Let's make up. 

Kiss!

I always have a ton of respect for Dom and A389. I think people forget they are comparing one man (essentially) to big labels with multiple staff and think they are the same thing. It's just not the same. I'm not saying that is what Juan was doing, this is just in general. Labels like A389, To Live A Lie, Cowabunga, Vedavu, Diseased Audio ... these are the guys that work their asses off year round and are pretty much a one man show. 

I'll be holding off on getting these right now as I'll be at the Bash in two weeks! Dom, are there going to be any special versions of any of these at the bash?

No big deal/beef squashed..  Asides from the label I have to rot 9 hours a day at my day job and then find time to spend with my girls before record world eats me up.  Add in the bash right now (which consumes every spare moment of my life from oct-jan and is another thing I put together/run by myself).  I'm easily more butthurt than usual when someone takes a swipe at me for just doing something that I love and do my best at, that other people love too.  

Not to mention it may be old man syndrome kicking in but it's really starting to grind on me that everyone treats what they say on the internet as if it the person they're talking about isn't a real person.  It sucks.  If I didn't need it to run the label I'd be completely cut offline long ago. 

Juan, having an opinion is fine.  Everyone has one.  But trying to insult someone on one forum, taking it back and then having me find it on other forums...that exemplifies exactly what I'm talking about above.  People aren't just a screen name or hashtag or whatever.

But yeah there's no beef and the original offer still stands.  Not as a challenge to me but a challenge to yourself.  Please start a label do a fest/show or zine if you aren't happy with whats out there.  That's why I did it / That's why I do it.

Speaking of KISS

elder25.jpg

Super underrated record.

Dom...as I said on the email I sent you, which hopefully you read, I got nothing but luv for ya and A389...and thanks for reading this post here on the ol' VC board. I will still feel shitty b/c as I mentioned, I respect what you do and love the bands and releases you put out. 

As for the challenge...I'd gladly accept it any time any day if I weren't marred by medical bills and partly supporting my family. Long story. And as you said, sometimes it does beyond someone being just a screen name on some message board as you also said. 

And oh...I know it's never tool told to do anything...but I'm 38 years old...too old to do anything as far as the HxC and Metal scenes go. Ha! 

Guest Justin Maheiny

I have a copy of the live Bloodlet One & Only 7" on red vinyl if anyone is interested it in. It has some "Case Against Lost & Found Records" insert that's pretty funny. Eclectic on grey. S/T 7" on red and Husk on black. I also have a pretty awesome video of them when they were on tour with Entombed around '96/'97 lying around here somewhere. I meant to put it on youtube but was too lazy.

Message me if you're interested in any of the records.

And as far as people complaining about prices, I'm not sure why people who run labels even address this complaint. Those people aren't going to change their mind and be all "gee willikers, now that you've explained why they cost this much I'm gonna order 'em". Same thing with people who continue to complain about the cost of international shipping as if labels determine these prices. It's better to just ignore them, keep doing your thing and not let them piss you off. They probably weren't going to buy that record regardless of the price anyway.

p.s.

People are assholes on the internet because you can't punch them in the face. Take solace in the fact that they'd probably be kissing your ass instead of talking shit if they were standing within arm's reach of ya.

Guest Justin Maheiny

No, I don't care. But I just saw another label change their label's bio to include "We believe we have the right to make a profit on the items we sell" then have a slight meltdown on facebook over people not appreciating the effort it takes to run a label. I'm just saying that they shouldn't take it personally and/or let it upset them. It's the internet. Petty complaints and illogical expectations are customary. I tell people I have a giant wang all the time online and I'm pretty much hung like a Ken doll.

Speaking of KISS

elder25.jpg

Super underrated record.

Is it weird that this is exactly what I thought about after I reread my reply?

I'm more a Freddie Mercury fan, so I wish I would have chanted Queen! Queen!

As to satisfy my own personal daydream needs.

I love everyone, by the way. You're all my friends until you prove me wrong.

As I mentioned on Twitter in reply to Jhulud (to which he backpedalled faster than a motocross VHS tape in rewind mode)

Anyone who wants to:

pay for a recording/mastering,

manufacture records in a limited quantity,

pay for stuff like etchings or huge poster inserts,

take care of license /royalty copies 

PR,

additional general expenses + time / effort that goes into running a label of this size full time on limited time/resources and sell their records for less....

well the door is wide open my friends.  

You're crying over a 7" record thats $7.77 thats limited to 1000 and has an etched b-side and/or a 2XLP that was licensed from another label and comes with super nice packaging and a huge 24x36 poster that had to be manually reconstructed because the original artwork was lost.

It's easy to sit in the sidelines and hate/complain.  I encourage you to get in the game and try it for yourselves.  Or invent a time machine that will take you back to 1988 where your pricing and logic makes sense.   

Dom/A389

You're into music to make money? That hasn't made sense since 1999. Get with the times man. Contempooooorize.