Recent purchases

whats jpc?

i need a link.

I also WTF'ed

Found it: http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/home/search/-/label/FEARLESS

Looks like a German pre-order for a Fearless repress due to ship 9/7/2012.

GOOD NEWS.

yes, its a german distro/mailorder. amazon.de lists it too. but travis said in another thread (i think in the vaya repress one) us-customurs should wait for the us release that'll come (from HT?) in the near future.

Belated birthday shopping:

Silversun Pickups - Neck of the Woods 2xLP

Sinead O'Connor - The Emperor's New Clothes US 12"

Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation 1814 LP

Sheila E. - Sister Fate 12"

Ordered, awaiting shipment:

Colourbox - Colourbox 4xCD box set

This Many Boyfriends - (I Should Be A) Communist & Young Lovers Go Pop! 7"s

Hyperrealist:

Baroness - First and Second (black)

Deathwish, Inc.:

Baroness - Red album 2XLP

Midheaven:

Baroness/Unpersons - A Grey Sigh In A Flower Husk

I've already gotten shipping confirmation from Deathwish. There's NEVER any question about their unbelievable service. They kill it. Every day.

But has anyone ordered from Hyperrealist direct or Midheaven in the past few weeks that can vouch for actually receiving their orders. I'm dying to actually get these records and I know Hyper has had its share of bad press about a year ago or so. Just want to know if I should worry. I have noticed that they will show items as being out of stock once you get to the checkout screen in paypal so I'm hoping the fact that my items were in stock actually means something.

midheaven takes awhile but you get your stuff packed well. If they don't have anything they'll let you know within a day or two.

Hyperrealist:

Deathwish, Inc.:

Midheaven:

I've already gotten shipping confirmation from Deathwish. There's NEVER any question about their unbelievable service. They kill it. Every day.

But has anyone ordered from Hyperrealist direct or Midheaven in the past few weeks that can vouch for actually receiving their orders. I'm dying to actually get these records and I know Hyper has had its share of bad press about a year ago or so. Just want to know if I should worry. I have noticed that they will show items as being out of stock once you get to the checkout screen in paypal so I'm hoping the fact that my items were in stock actually means something.

midheaven takes awhile but you get your stuff packed well. If they don't have anything they'll let you know within a day or two.

Thank you. It's been more than a few days so I'm thinking I'm in the clear as far as the item being in stock. I just hope the wait isn't ridiculous. I placed a pre-order from them in the beginning of April also. Its meant to be here by the street date (May 29) so it would be good if they managed to live up to that promise.

i won a copy of Gwar's "Hell-o" for a pretty good price on ebay last night.

also, my wife and i went to the thrift store today and i picked up willy nelson's "greatest hits, and some that will be" 2xLP in pretty great shape, and an old beat up bill cosby LP, also STPs "core" on cassette.

even went ahead and got a VCR and a big stack of VHS tapes (dr strangelove, hook, home alone, and about 4 disney movies for the kids), just cos they were so cheap.

all this for (except for the gwar) less than $20.

Adele - 19 - LP

Adele - 21 - LP

Society of Seven - S.O.S. Fever - LP

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures - Original UK Pressing LP

Buzzcocks - Love Bites - Original UK Pressing LP

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - 180g Vinyl LP

Pink Floyd - The Wall - Double 180g Vinyl LP

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Nocturne - Autographed Double LP

Spiritualized - Sweet Heart Sweet Light - White Vinyl Double LP

Spandau Ballet - Lifeline - 12" Single

Epic Ditch - 36 Hour e.p. - 7" Single

The Members - The Sound of the Suburbs - Autographed 7" Single

The Members - Killing Time - 7" Single

Dead Fucking Last - Dead Fucking Last - 7" Single

Bullet Treatment - Designated, Volume 2 - Red Vinyl 7" Single

Erg, Mikey/Alex Kerns - Kerns Erg - 7" Single

Ragan, Chuck - The Sawblade - Die Cut 7" Single

The Gaslight Anthem - 45/You Got Lucky - 7" Single

Envy/This Machine Kills - A Split Seven Inch - 7" Single

Various Artists - Rip Off Records: The Early Ones - CD

Depeche Mode - Violator - CD

Black Music Disaster - Black Music Disaster - CD

Chronicle - BD/DVD

Hyperrealist:

Deathwish, Inc.:

Midheaven:

Five days later midheaven refunds me and says its out of stock and its still on the website for purchase. Fuckery.

La Dispute - Wildlife

The Saddest Landscape - After The Lights

Pianos Become The Teeth - Old Pride

Pianos Become The Teeth - The Lack Long After

Caravels & Gifts From Enola - Well Worn

Pg.99 - Document #8

The Saddest Landscape/Pianos Become The Teeth - Split EP

Touche Amore - ...To The Beat Of A Dead Horse

American Football - S/T

AFI - The Art Of Drowning

Waiting for:

2 tickets to Thrice's last HoB Anaheim show

2 tickets to Thrice's last, last show at The Observatory

Jenny Lewis w/ the Watson Twins - Rise Up With Fists!!! 7" single

Cold War Kids - Loyalty To Loyalty

Daft Punk - Translucence (Red, I just need the yellow and it's complete!)

Thrice - The Illusion of Safety (Pre-orderd Blue coloured variant from Banquet Records). Waiting for the 3 other variants pre-ordered and shipping out next month.

Sigur Ros - Valtari+T-shirt pre-order (CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO COME OUT!)

Came in recently:

Daft Punk - Translucence (Blue)

Feist - Monarch: Lay Your Jewelled Head Down

Feist - The Reminder

School of Seven Bells - Kiss Them For Me 7"

Silversun Pickups - Neck of the Woods

Radiohead - OK Computer and Kid A (Both UK Imports), King of Limbs

I'm pretty sure I'm missing another pre-order. It's hard organizing my email because of all orders in and orders out!

I just got back from the USA where I bought about 200 records. It's taking a long time to get through them all. Currently spinning the DWARVES - How To Win Friends And Influence People LP picture disc that i found in Orange County. So many great record stores in the USA.

I'm curious, how did you get all those records back to Australia? On the plane, or through the post? I'm trying to imagine how much something like that would cost.

I had 20 pounds of records in my suitcase which is what my limit would have. In my backpack which was carry on, I had another bunch. Plus I carried all the 7"ers in a plastic carry bag which i also took on board. There records I couldn't bring home are being sent by airmail. 20 pounds of LPs costs about $140 to send and there are 3 boxes there. A lot of the records I bought were really cheap so it worked out to be so much cheaper to buy them there and ship a huge lot back than buy 10 different releases from 10 different labels to have them all ship airmail back to Oz. Now i get all my stuff sent to a mates in LA via media mail and when i get there every few months i just box it all up into one big box and ship it home. Sounds costly but imagine how much it would be if i paid for all of that to be shipped seperately? Insane costs!

I'm curious, how did you get all those records back to Australia? On the plane, or through the post? I'm trying to imagine how much something like that would cost.

I had 20 pounds of records in my suitcase which is what my limit would have. In my backpack which was carry on, I had another bunch. Plus I carried all the 7"ers in a plastic carry bag which i also took on board. There records I couldn't bring home are being sent by airmail. 20 pounds of LPs costs about $140 to send and there are 3 boxes there. A lot of the records I bought were really cheap so it worked out to be so much cheaper to buy them there and ship a huge lot back than buy 10 different releases from 10 different labels to have them all ship airmail back to Oz. Now i get all my stuff sent to a mates in LA via media mail and when i get there every few months i just box it all up into one big box and ship it home. Sounds costly but imagine how much it would be if i paid for all of that to be shipped seperately? Insane costs!

Now that's what I call commitment.

Oops! It was 20 pounds, it was 50 pounds which was 23 kilograms. I suffered inflammation of the lining of my heart and lungs from carrying the backpack which was just as heavy as the suitcase. I was fucked for 3 weeks when I got home. Still feel the effects slightly now.

Oops! It was 20 pounds, it was 50 pounds which was 23 kilograms. I suffered inflammation of the lining of my heart and lungs from carrying the backpack which was just as heavy as the suitcase. I was fucked for 3 weeks when I got home. Still feel the effects slightly now.

That's hardcore! I like the idea of travelling the world record shopping. I'm going to be in London briefly in a few months, I want to hit up some record shops. I can't really buy anything, but I'll see if I can slip a few 7"'s in my pack :)

In Vinyl We Trust:

Adebisi Shank - "This is the Second Album of the Band Adebisi Shank"

Hacienda - "Savage" 7"

Murder Construct - s/t LP

Vaccine/Agents of Abhorrence show:

Vaccine - "Crimes in Blood" 5" /440

Mallrat:

Cousin Brian - "First" preorder

AOTU:

10 random LPs

Was gonna buy from Vinyl Junkie but it looks like I don't have much left in my Paypal. It's a sign to stop buying records.