Recent purchases

I understand, I myself am in a similar situation but mostly just from years of working in record stores and getting insider deals/records given to me. But in the current climate many of those old dime a dozen artists have shot up in value in a physical store setting. I would marvel at how we would put out a 70s pressing of axis: bold as love or a 77 reissue of any LZ album in VG condition for $15 and it would fly off the shelf in a day, and five years ago those would sit for $6 or 7 for weeks sometimes. As a result, I now consider deals like this a score in this day and age. Thrift stores are really picked over, at least in Colorado here so the chance of getting big name rock artists seem to be getting slimmer, competition is fierce these days

I hear you, for sure. A big part of my dislike is how he wrote it, as though fishing for compliments and less about what the "score" was. It was an ok score, just...very internet "like me" writing.

Plus, if we're going with the prices you're saying, he ripped off an elderly couple in need of medical services. :/

I hear you, for sure. A big part of my dislike is how he wrote it, as though fishing for compliments and less about what the "score" was. It was an ok score, just...very internet "like me" writing.

Plus, if we're going with the prices you're saying, he ripped off an elderly couple in need of medical services. :/

Isn't this whole thread just one big "aren't I great?" circlejerk? Totally get where you're coming from, but that's essentially what it's here for :P

Islander - Violence & Destruction, dark pink /100

Islander - Pains , gold /100

Unearth - the Oncoming Storm, violet /500

Kool Keith - Sex Style, blue/ pink /550

Silverstein - When Broken is easily fixed, orange /652

Lera Lynn - The Avenues

Comeback Kid - Broadcasting,  clr/ blk smoke /169

Deftones - Adrenaline pic disc

DangerDoom repress

Refused - Freedom, violet /500

11184740_1620359051540822_1461437834_n.jle

Kyle Kinane - I Liked His Old Stuff Better

Touche Amore/Self Defense Family - Self Love

Polaris - Music From The Adventures Of Pete And Pete

Kurt Braunohler - How Do I Land?

Jello Biafra - The Big Ka-Boom Pt 1

Death Grips - Exmilitary (Clear Pink Bootleg)

11190961_1493410704247689_54945333_n.jpg

Shockwave - The World Is Ours

The Fall Of Troy - Doppelganger

Chipmunk Punk

John Williams - Return Of The Jedi OST

Body Count - Manslaughter

No More Feeling Weird (Educational Album)

11272893_805920356188906_730796267_n.jpg

Snake Apartment - Paint The Walls

Bill Burr - Live At Andrew's House

WWF - The Wrestling Album

Bernard Herrmann - Music From The Great Movie Thrillers

11353484_691592320985092_329049232_n.jpg

Weird Al Yankovic 7" haul

11377967_1618540568402093_950592524_n.jp

Tears For Fears 7" haul/Weird Al Yankovic - Another One Rides The Bus

I haven't paid more than $1 for most of my Floyd, Zep, Sabbath, Dylan, Beatles or Hendrix, and just about every one of them has been a thrift store or garage sale find

That's said, the only ones of those I listen to regularly are the Sabbath records and Floyd every now and then.

I run across that shit all the time though, especially Aerosmith and Dylan at thrift stores. ::shrug::

I failed to snatch up "the classics" when I first started collecting (and they were that cheap) because I figured they'd always be as easy to find/affordable as they were back then.  Now they've all been grabbed up by bandwagoners of THE HOBBY and reissued for $30+.  Still only have one Zeppelin album, three Beatles, two Floyd, no Hendrix, no Dylan, and no Aerosmith.  Suuuuucks.

So I bought the Wildlife test press that No Sleep was selling on ebay this week. Finally got it. It was listed as 4th press, and it's not. It clearly says "7th" on the back right under the copy number and the date says 12/3/2015 on the sleeve. I don't know if I should be shitty or not because it's still a test, but I don't get why they didn't just list it that way. 

So I bought the Wildlife test press that No Sleep was selling on ebay this week. Finally got it. It was listed as 4th press, and it's not. It clearly says "7th" on the back right under the copy number and the date says 12/3/2015 on the sleeve. I don't know if I should be shitty or not because it's still a test, but I don't get why they didn't just list it that way. 

12/3/2015... Holy Shit that record is from the future, I wouldn't complain  :P

Did they reissue this in 2015? In Europe they go date/month/year

The seventh pressing ships any day now, I'm waiting on one. It's probably supposed to read 3/12/2015, because Chris told me on Instagram a couple months ago that he was waiting on the reissue to come in from the plant.

I think you guys are right. I didn't even think about that! 

Fucked Up - Dangerous Fumes - 7" Single
OFF! - Compared to What/Rotten Apple - Red Vinyl 7" Single (Autographed by Keith Morris)
'68 - Midnight e.p. - Half Blue/Half White Vinyl 7" Single /575
The Beach Boys - Beach Boys Medley/God Only Knows - 7" Single
The Cure - Charlotte Sometimes - 12" Single
Darlington/The Prozacs - Split Single - Green Vinyl 7" Single
Eurythmics - Sexcrime (Nineteen-Eighty-Four) - 12" Single
Experimental Audio Research - Mesmerised - LP
Experimental Audio Research - The Köner Experiment - Double LP
Experimental Audio Research - Millenium Music - A Meta-Musical Portait - Double LP
The Icarus Line/Burning Brides - Angelfuck/Hybrid Moments - Orange Vinyl 7" Single 524/1000
Jellybean (featuring Madonna) - Sidewalk Talk - Promo 7" Single
The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday/Words - 7" Single
Various Artists - Rangarang (Pre-Revolutionary Iranian Pop)  - Triple LP
Various Artists - Project Blue, Volume 4: Diamonds from the East - 60s Lost Punk Gems from Hong Kong Bands - LP