Recent purchases

Jim Adkins - I Will Go/Give Me a Sweetheart - 7" Single - /1500
Jim Adkins - Love Don't Wait/Don't Act Like Your Heart Isn't Hard - 7" Single - /1500
Jim Adkins - Hell/Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - 7" Single - /1500
Jim Adkins - 7" Vinyl Carrier Bag -
Equals - Unequalled Equals - LP
The Libertines - Anthems for the Doomed - LP
The Monkees - The Monkees (Super Deluxe Edition) - Triple CD Box Set
New Order - Republic - LP
New Order - Get Ready - LP
Pantera - History of Hostility - LP
Rush - Exit…Stage Left - Double LP
The Spitfires - Response - LP
Supergrass - I Should Coco - LP with bonus 7" single
Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman - Double LP
Verve - A Storm In Heaven - Triple LP

Green Day - Kerplunk

La Dispute - Somewhere at the Bottom (2nd Press)

BR/DGES - Love/Hate

BR/DGES - Love/Hate (signed test press)

The Smugglers - Selling the Sizzle

Sacrifice/Propagandhi - split 7"

The Get Up Kids - Simple Science (Blue)

The Get Up Kids - There Are Rules

Hayden - Moving Careful

Hayden - Skyscraper National Park (Clear)

Just came in today:

Beloved Us - Failure On

Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals

Disasterpeace - It Follows OST 

How much did you pay for Manson? I remember back when I first started to spend $$$ on records I went into a shop and bought GWAR - Hell-o (Red) and 2Pac's Greatest Hits...That put me back $70. Mechanical Animals (Blue/White) was on the wall for $50, had I known this was a "steal" I would have bought it right away. I was contemplating way too hard but didn't buy it.. should have went with my gut because money wasn't really an issue. 

I think this is the most money I have ever spent on records in such a short amount of time. My responsible side weeps but my material side couldn't be happier:

Eluvium - Life Through Bombardment Vol. 2 7xLP

Swans - White Light/Love of Life box 4xLP

Someone yell at me if I come back here within a few months saying I bought more records. I should be good until sometime next year.

Recently received a copy of The All American Rejects - When The World Comes down on blue vinyl. It's pretty awesome. 

Also got a copy of Avenged Sevenfold's Self Titled album Hot Topic Exclusive release (Half Black / Half White). 

Mostly waiting to get my new cartridge hooked up to my turntable to give them a spin. 

New to the boards - picked up Who Killed Amanda Palmer recently for a bargain - still need to go and collect it.

XSTdOTD.png

Also ordered from ANOST:

múm - Yesterday was Dramatic, Today is OK

Radical Face - Ghost (clear vinyl)

Sin Fang - Summer Echoes

Sin Fang - Flowers

Seabear - The Ghost that Carried Us Away

New to the boards - picked up Who Killed Amanda Palmer recently for a bargain - still need to go and collect it.

XSTdOTD.png

Also ordered from ANOST:

múm - Yesterday was Dramatic, Today is OK

Radical Face - Ghost (clear vinyl)

Sin Fang - Summer Echoes

Sin Fang - Flowers

Seabear - The Ghost that Carried Us Away

One of the first records I bought when it came out, surprised to see how much it's going for. Nice grab!

My buddy and I went to Square Records in Akron, OH today.  I grabbed:

The Front Bottoms - Back On Top

Gorillaz - Gorillaz

The Menzingers - On The Impossible Past

Faith No More - Introduce Yourself

Father John Misty - Fear Fun

Interpol - Anitcs

Julee Cruise - Floating Into The Night

I was also at the Exchange in Canton the other day and got:

Bjork - Homogenic

Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking

My buddy and I went to Square Records in Akron, OH today.  I grabbed:

Gorillaz - Gorillaz

Interpol - Anitcs

Bjork - Homogenic

I was going to stop by there today, but got sidetracked. You got some pretty good hauls.

My buddy and I went to Square Records in Akron, OH today. I grabbed:

Gorillaz - Gorillaz

Interpol - Anitcs

Bjork - Homogenic

Antics and On The Impossible Past. Man, you did good.

I was going to stop by there today, but got sidetracked. You got some pretty good hauls.

Antics and On The Impossible Past. Man, you did good.

Thanks guys!  Yeah, a few of those have been on my Amazon wishlist forever so I figured it was as good a time as any to grab them!  Square Records it's probably the closest ACTUAL record store to me (about 45 minutes away), so with my friend and I's bust schedule, we're only able to make it up there a couple times a year.  Glad the trip was well worth it today!

Thanks guys!  Yeah, a few of those have been on my Amazon wishlist forever so I figured it was as good a time as any to grab them!  Square Records it's probably the closest ACTUAL record store to me (about 45 minutes away), so with my friend and I's bust schedule, we're only able to make it up there a couple times a year.  Glad the trip was well worth it today!

There is a new record shop out in Fairlawn, just a few miles down from Square records. Decent selection, prices are higher due to rent in the plazas, but worth a check next time you're up. It's called Hollow Bone Records.

Very cool, thanks for the heads up.  We'll be sure to do that next time!

Let me know next time you stop up. I live around the corner from Square Records. Could met up, hunt and grab some good food. There are tons of places in Kent to dig for records as well.

Let me know next time you stop up. I live around the corner from Square Records. Could met up, hunt and grab some good food. There are tons of places in Kent to dig for records as well.

That sounds awesome.  I'm totally down!  My friend (and also my cousin's husband) that went with me today actually posts here under the name "thispartysucks128."  So yeah, it'll be a little VC meet-up!  We don't really know the area at all so you'll have to be our tour guide, haha.

Thanks guys! Yeah, a few of those have been on my Amazon wishlist forever so I figured it was as good a time as any to grab them! Square Records it's probably the closest ACTUAL record store to me (about 45 minutes away), so with my friend and I's bust schedule, we're only able to make it up there a couple times a year. Glad the trip was well worth it today!

Lucky. I haven't gone to any out of town record stores in months.

Make sure to throw on Antics at night. If you have a portable device, put the MP3s on it and drive to it at night. So fuckin' perfect.

Make sure to throw on Antics at night. If you have a portable device, put the MP3s on it and drive to it at night. So fuckin' perfect.

Oh I will!  To be honest I've never listened to the album in my entire life.  I heard "Slow Hands" a looooong time ago.  Like... around when it came out and I loved it.  But I wasn't into vinyl at the time.  I saw it in store today and thought "why the hell not??"

Oh I will! To be honest I've never listened to the album in my entire life. I heard "Slow Hands" a looooong time ago. Like... around when it came out and I loved it. But I wasn't into vinyl at the time. I saw it in store today and thought "why the hell not??"

It's a great record. I had their first two albums on CD when I was a kid, and they were pretty early additions when I started with vinyl. I've never really listened to anything past Antics, but it and its predecessor are hugely important in my musical journey.