Recent purchases

Just got my RSD BF titles from Melody Supreme. Packaging could have been better. They crammed all five LPs in too small of a box, and all the LP sleeves have bent corners. Here is what I got from them:

Alice In Chains  - Live Facelift
Soundgarden - Satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas
Sesame Street - Sesame Road
Pop the Clutch - Obscure Rockabilly From The Vault
Explosions in the Sky - Lone Survivor OST

Edited by nathan_s82

Not a purchase but I was just gifted:

Better Never- ...ever 7" on blue vinyl, #4/20

I can't find anything online about it but it's a band comprised of tattooers, namely Chad Koeplinger who does vocals. It has a track featuring Frank Carter. So incredibly hyped about this. 

Had a good month on the purchase front = wife not happy :P

Velnias - Sovereign Nocturnal (Vendetta Records (3) - Vendetta 52) Black
Isis - Oceanic (Escape Artist Records - EA 19.0) White
Cough - Ritual Abuse (Relapse Records - RR 7116) Cream
The Atlas Moth - An Ache For The Distance (Brutal Panda Records - BPR-11) Purple
Fleshpress - Acid Mouth Strangulation (Svart Records - SVR074) Black
Graveyard - Hisingen Blues (Nuclear Blast, Nuclear Blast - NB 2716-4, 27361 27164) White
Conation - The Dichotomy Of Earth And The Human Race (Braindead Records, Black Wire Records - BDR-001, BWR-14)
The Ruins Of Beverast - Foulest Semen Of A Sheltered Elite (Ván - Ván 30) Black
Modern Life Is War - Midnight In America (Lifeline Records (4) - LLR-012) Seafoam
Modern Life Is War - My Love. My Way. (Deathwish, Lifeline Records - DW55v, LLR10) Red
Holy Serpent - Temples (RidingEasy Records - EZRDR-070) Orange
Hot Water Music - A Flight And A Crash (No Idea Records - NIR-108) Grey
Bleeding Kansas - 1859 (Not On Label - none) Clear
Oathbreaker - Rheia (Deathwish - DW196) Cloudy Clear
Départe - Failure, Subside (Season Of Mist, Season Of Mist - SOM 393LP, SOM 393LPA) Clear

Waiting on:

Oranssi Pazuzu

Astronoid (x2)

Battle of Mice

40 Watt Sun

My recent purchases:

Toad the Wet Sprocket - Dulcinea 

Toad the Wet Sprocket - Bread and Circus

Toad the Wet Sprocket - New Constellation 

Goo Goo Dolls - Dizzy Up The Girl (Pink Vinyl, Unsigned, Bought from the Warner Music online store)

John Mellencamp - Plain Spoken (Test Pressing)

16 minutes ago, whenicomearound said:

My recent purchases:

Toad the Wet Sprocket - Dulcinea 

Toad the Wet Sprocket - Bread and Circus

Toad the Wet Sprocket - New Constellation 

Goo Goo Dolls - Dizzy Up The Girl (Pink Vinyl, Unsigned, Bought from the Warner Music online store)

John Mellencamp - Plain Spoken (Test Pressing)

Where did you find Dulcinea? It's the only Toad album I'm missing! 

11 minutes ago, tvham said:

Where did you find Dulcinea? It's the only Toad album I'm missing! 

Found it on Discogs. Paid A LOT of money for it. It won't show on the sales history on Discogs since he offered me a lower price to buy it from him direct and avoid the fees. Getting out of the laserdisc game and focusing just on vinyl (more of a music guy) so I sold my 2 rarest Japanese LD's to fund most of the purchase. Also been selling some duplicates I have and gear I don't need to buy more records. Once my outstanding purchases arrive all I need are Pale and Fear since Coil was never released on vinyl. 

9 hours ago, whenicomearound said:

Found it on Discogs. Paid A LOT of money for it. It won't show on the sales history on Discogs since he offered me a lower price to buy it from him direct and avoid the fees. Getting out of the laserdisc game and focusing just on vinyl (more of a music guy) so I sold my 2 rarest Japanese LD's to fund most of the purchase. Also been selling some duplicates I have and gear I don't need to buy more records. Once my outstanding purchases arrive all I need are Pale and Fear since Coil was never released on vinyl. 

Nice work! I see Pale pop up more often than Fear, my copy has a small hole punched in the cover but the marbled vinyl is nice. I was lucky to have the band sign all my albums at an Amoeba in store a few years ago. Do you have Glen Phillip's "Winter Pays for Summer"? It's a gorgeous record. 

Just got some in the mail at work today. Cant complain for $4/each!

Glass Animals - ZABA & How To Be A Human Being
Blink 182 - Neighborhoods & TOYPAJ
Catfish & The Bottleman - The Ride & The Balcony

Until The Ribbon Breaks - A Taste of Silver (10")

Bob Marley  - Legend 30th Anniversary
Goldroom - West of the West

On December 12, 2016 at 10:02 AM, tvham said:

Nice work! I see Pale pop up more often than Fear, my copy has a small hole punched in the cover but the marbled vinyl is nice. I was lucky to have the band sign all my albums at an Amoeba in store a few years ago. Do you have Glen Phillip's "Winter Pays for Summer"? It's a gorgeous record. 

No. Don't have any of Glen's solo work yet. My love for Toad has been a more recent thing for me. I've known and liked some of the big hits for years but it's been recently that I've started digging deeper into their work. I haven't listened to Bread and Circus before so I'm excited to get it and give it a spin.

Ash - Live On Mars: London Astoria 1997 - Double Red Vinyl LP
blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants and Jacket - Double Red Vinyl LP
Busted - Night Driver - Signed White Vinyl LP
Busted - Night Driver - Signed CD
Paul Draper - EP Two - Clear Vinyl 12" Single
Lush - Live on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic - CD
The Ordinary Boys - The Ordinary Boys - Blue Vinyl LP
The Ordinary Boys - The Ordinary Boys - Cassette
The Ordinary Boys - Four Letter Word - CD Single - 185/200
Suede - Dog Man Star: Live at Royal Albert Hall - Quadruple LP/ Double CD Box Set
Various Artists - Now: The Christmas Album - LP

3 hours ago, Werner Herzog said:

Built to Spill - Live

This was the repress from record store day. The owner of this store had boxes of old RSD stuff that had just been sitting there collecting dust. I managed to snag it for $24.99 (CAD), sealed and sitting in that milk crate since 2013.

I scored this too a year ago for that price! Not a lot of BTS fans around here, plus I don't live in a big city, so a lot of great records collect dust in shops, allowing a discounted price down the road...

Also,  picked up Magnolia by Turnover last week and my amp broke... just got it back and got to spin some today.