Recent purchases

Spoiler

got all of these for $45 total at a record fair on Saturday

Bee Gees - Idea (I'm a sucker for some old baroque pop)

Queen - A Night at the Opera

A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders (the in print RE)

Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove

Ella Fitzgerald - Sings Sweet Songs for Swingers

Frank Sinatra - In the Wee Small Hours (duophonic rainbow label but it was a dollar so I wasn't gonna leave it... I already have an OG grey label mono in stellar shape though, also a dollar hahaha)

John Coltrane - Coltrane's Sound (1968 RE)

Peter Gabriel - So

Sun Ra - Super-Sonic Jazz

Queen - Greatest Hits (the black/red cover one)

ELO - On the Third Day

ELO - A New World Record

Frank Zappa - Ship Arriving too Late to Save a Drowning Witch

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass

Frank Sinatra - Come Fly With Me (grey label OG)

Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You

Buddy Holly - The Buddy Holly Story

Frank Sinatra - Swing Easy/Songs for Young Lovers (1955 12" release with the two albums on the A/B side... grey label)

@Metal Mike hooked me up with the Pat the Bunny/Ceschi split on the cheap, so I finally own one of those. It's the /300 original too so extra bonus hype.

Louis Armstrong - Satchmo Serenades (original, amazing shape) $2

Patti Smith - Horses (suuuuper clean original) $10

The Mothers of Invention - Weasels Ripped My Flesh (original, sleeve was a little worn but that's why it was so cheap) $10

Jeff Rosenstock - I Look Like Shit (couldn't fucking believe I finally rolled across this one, especially for the price) $12

The Smiths - S/T (finally found a super clean US original, paid a fair price on this one but I had been looking so long it was totally fine) $25

Lou Donaldson - Say it Loud! $3

Sonny Stitt - Nuther Futher $3 (stereo blue label RE)

Pharaoh Sanders - Journey to the One $3

Circa Survive - The Amulet $5 (UO clearanced it out for some reason)

Miles Davis - Jazz Track (OG mono white label promo, clean minus one pretty obnoxious mark but it plays despite the noise so whatever I guess) $3

The Smiths - Hammersmith $20 (super hard to come by /500 TMOQ bootleg, sleeve definitely has a cat piss corner but the records are sharp as new and given the normal going rate I won't complain)

The Cars - S/T

Tom Petty - You're Gonna Get It!

King Crimson - In the Wake of Poseidon

Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Ella and Louis (couldn't fucking believe this, sleeve is probably only G+ or VG but the record is VG+ and it's an original mono... hype)

I also found an original grey label Wee Small Hours in super sharp shape a while ago but I never posted here so now you know. Paid like $3 or something.

long list so have a spoiler tag

The Strokes - Is This It (MOV, 180g)

The Dear Hunter - The Color Spectrum [9x10”]

Thrice - The Alchemy Index [4x10”]

Motion City Soundtrack - Even If It Kills Me [2xLP, 180g)

Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind [2xLP]   Got this for $10 on amazon and is supposedly the repress on opaque pink but will see

The Killers - Sawdust [2xLP, 180g]

The Killers - Don’t Waste Your Wishes

Here's my take for the past month or so:

Piebald - We Are The Only Friends We Have [Transparent Green] (white whale, been looking for a while)

Hop Along, Queen Ansleis - Freshman Year ($15 whim purchase)

Lifted Bells - S/T [half black/half bronze-mix]

Lifted Bells - Lights Out [trash brown (random colors)]

Elliott Smith - X/O [RP]

The Album Leaf - One Day I'll Be On Time [pink & white burst, RP]

The Album Leaf - An Orchestrated Rise to Fall [blue & yellow burst, RP]

This Will Destroy You - Another Language

Ricky Eat Acid - Talk To You Soon

The Weakerthans - Reconstruction Site

14 minutes ago, xhotandfatx said:

What’d you acquire? I’ve been buying a fair amount of Blue Note jazz lately. 

Check my newest page. I bought the collection from a dedicated fucking record store for a quarter a piece and then they gave me a bit of a bulk discount. I have bought some cool jazz stuff from them recentlyish for <$3 and they were only usually $20-30 records, so I have a feeling it was a little of this leaking out. When I saw some of that stuff down there I just about shat my pants. I plan on keeping it all though, it's NFS.

https://www.discogs.com/user/Rezqua/collection

26 minutes ago, Rezqua said:

Check my newest page. I bought the collection from a dedicated fucking record store for a quarter a piece and then they gave me a bit of a bulk discount. I have bought some cool jazz stuff from them recentlyish for <$3 and they were only usually $20-30 records, so I have a feeling it was a little of this leaking out. When I saw some of that stuff down there I just about shat my pants. I plan on keeping it all though, it's NFS.

https://www.discogs.com/user/Rezqua/collection

That is quite the haul. Especially that Shape Of Jazz To Come and The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady. I picked up a 1st press mono of Sidewinder when I was down in Savannah, Ga a few months ago. I was happy as hell since it’s one of my favorite jazz records. I picked up Andrew Hill’s  Point Of Departure on Music Matters yesterday. My brother owns a record store so he gets a lot of really awesome jazz in.

1 minute ago, xhotandfatx said:

That is quite the haul. Especially that Shape Of Jazz To Come and The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady. I picked up a 1st press mono of Sidewinder when I was down in Savannah, Ga a few months ago. I was happy as hell since it’s one of my favorite jazz records. I picked up Andrew Hill’s  Point Of Departure on Music Matters yesterday. My brother owns a record store so he gets a lot of really awesome jazz in.

Shape of Jazz was $40 from a separate purchase, that ALP Black Saint I got for like $30 (delivered this week supposedly) too. All the 60s/70s pressings were that haul.

Damn, that's a good hookup to have. 

3 minutes ago, Rezqua said:

Shape of Jazz was $40 from a separate purchase, that ALP Black Saint I got for like $30 (delivered this week supposedly) too. All the 60s/70s pressings were that haul.

Damn, that's a good hookup to have. 

Those are so rad. I’m quite jealous. He’s the one that got me into jazz. I inherited a family members record collection so I did some trading this weekend on got a bunch of good stuff. The Andrew Hill was the most expensive but I got reissues of Coltrane’s Ole, Mingus’s Ah Um, and Go! by Dexter Gordon. 

2 minutes ago, xhotandfatx said:

Those are so rad. I’m quite jealous. He’s the one that got me into jazz. I inherited a family members record collection so I did some trading this weekend on got a bunch of good stuff. The Andrew Hill was the most expensive but I got reissues of Coltrane’s Ole, Mingus’s Ah Um, and Go! by Dexter Gordon. 

I still need a lot of stuff. I actually only owned around 30 or so jazz records for a long while and had slowly been picking things up when I saw a deal. 

Then I walked home with like two and a half crates of stuff and I hadn't heard 90% of it before. Currently trying to listen to everything and I am only like 20-30 deep.

10 minutes ago, Rezqua said:

I still need a lot of stuff. I actually only owned around 30 or so jazz records for a long while and had slowly been picking things up when I saw a deal. 

Then I walked home with like two and a half crates of stuff and I hadn't heard 90% of it before. Currently trying to listen to everything and I am only like 20-30 deep.

Hell yeah. I just started collecting jazz within the last year. I have 20 or so now. I got 17 records from my trade ins this weekend, which about half were jazz. I’ve thought that without having listened to heavier music for some time that I wouldn’t be able to handle jazz. 

18 minutes ago, xhotandfatx said:

Hell yeah. I just started collecting jazz within the last year. I have 20 or so now. I got 17 records from my trade ins this weekend, which about half were jazz. I’ve thought that without having listened to heavier music for some time that I wouldn’t be able to handle jazz. 

Yeah, I probably have only really been buying for the past 6-9 months. This was insane. Took me some time to get into it but now I'm good and ready to go on just about anything hahaha.

Beastie Boys - The In Sound From Way Out - LP
Brian Fallon - Sleepwalkers - Double LP
Franz Ferdinand - Always Ascending - LP
The Orb - A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld - 12" Single
The Orb - Blue Room - 12" Single
Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody (Extended Remix Version) - 12" Single
Throbbing Gristle - 20 Jazz Funk Greats - Green Vinyl LP

2 hours ago, pizza face said:

YEDNshD.jpg

Picked up an original copy of The Fragile used for $20 over the weekend. Was surprised it wasn't the repress but the barcode is printed on the back of the jacket so that was a dead giveaway 

Pretty sure you are one of the few people I can say has the exact same crazy luck I seem to have... use it to procure some more jazz for me :P

SZA - Ctrl - Translucent green

Big K.R.I.T. - 4Eva is a mighty Long Time - Gold

UGK - Int’l Players Anthem - Texas shaped pic disc - RSD Black Friday 2016

Diet Cig - Over easy - Fried Egg 

Panic at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor

Panic at the Disco - Vices And Virtues

Rush - A Farewell to Kings - 40th Anniversary 4XLP deluxe edition 

Weezer - Maladroit

Weezer - Weezer (Red Album)

Metallica - Ride the Lightning 

Edited by texan4life

Went overboard on the amazon sales the past week or so. 

Smashing Pumpkins- Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness [Box Set - 4xLP]

The Wallflowers - Bringing Down The Horse [2xLP]

Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind [2xLP] (clear w/ grey smoke)

Elliott Smith - Either / Or (Expanded Edition) [2xLP]

Elliott Smith - XO

Queens of the Stone Age - Lullabies To Paralyze [2xLP, MOV]

Radiohead - The Bends [2xLP]

All of those were amazon purchases. These were non-amazon orders:

Converge - The Dusk In Us (Red/Silver mix)

The Gay Blades - Savages (Blood)

Senses Fail - If There Is Light It Will Find You 

Ace Enders - Silver & Gold [10” Lathe]

Edited by ejc625

18 hours ago, ejc625 said:

Good to know. Thanks. 

I also purchased this but have no complaints about sound quality. Put it on my TT the day I got it and listened through – not a pop or crackle to be found! I'm eager to hear how your copy sounds.

I've also gone a little heavy this month and added a few more pieces of plastic to my collection:

Macseal - S/T

Groundislava - Feel Me (TP)

Groundislava - S/T (2018 repress)

Pinback - Autumn of the Seraphs

Mewithoutyou - [A--> B] Life

Owen - L'Ami Du Peiple

Gulfer - What Gives

Tera Melos - X'ed Out

Brian Fallon - Sleepwalkers (Deluxe Edition) - Double Red Vinyl LP with art prints
Brian Fallon - Sleepwalkers Signed Poster -
Iron Chic - Not Like This - LP
Iron Chic - You Can't Stay Here - Cassette
Iron Chic - Shitty Rambo e.p. - 7" Single
Iron Chic - Ys - 7" Single
M.O.D. - U.S.A. for M.O.D. - Red/White/Blue Tri-Split Vinyl LP
Real Friends - Put Yourself Back Together - Brown Vinyl LP /500
Ride - Tomorrow's Shore e.p. - 12" Single
The Smithereens - Especially For You - LP