Recent purchases

13 minutes ago, 16Shells said:

arrived/acquired the last couple weeks:

sneaker pimps - becoming X (2016 reissue)

melt-banana - bambi's dilemma

empress of - me

nada surf - the weight is a gift

bat for lashes - fur & gold

autolux - pussy's dead (also got a pick from the bass player at the same time)

ladyhawke - wild things (earlybird clear/yellow splatter /300)

waiting for/preorderd:

deerhoof - offend maggie (on white)

deerhoof - the magic (earlybird preorder)

boris - pink (reissue, 3xLP, light/dark pink splatter0

radiohead - a moon shaped pool (deluxe)

BBNG - IV

julien baker - sprained ankle

grimes - halifaxa (reissue)

grimes - art angels

Did you very recently order that Grimes stuff? I've had Halfaxa for a while now and Art Angels for even longer.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Did you very recently order that Grimes stuff? I've had Halfaxa for a while now and Art Angels for even longer.

Yeah, like a week and a half ago from Amazon.ca. I have a feeling that they haven't shipped yet because I ordered the Julien Baker LP at the same time, and although Amazon claimed to have it at the time I have my doubts about that. The lot is probably going to be held up for a while until just the Grimes records ship.

Just now, 16Shells said:

Yeah, like a week and a half ago from Amazon.ca. I have a feeling that they haven't shipped yet because I ordered the Julien Baker LP at the same time, and although Amazon claimed to have it at the time I have my doubts about that. The lot is probably going to be held up for a while until just the Grimes records ship.

Bummer! Hopefully they get to you soon. Art Angels is phenomenal, and my only gripe about the Halfaxa reissue is that they removed 2 songs, one of which was one of my favorites from that album. So I guess it's actually a pretty big gripe.

I made a spur of the moment decision to visit the record shop on my "lunch" break today - first needing to move my car to extend parking and then deciding on a quick car wash to de-bug from the weekend's road trip to Portland. I was headed in the direction of the record shop...so why not. Among other things, I scored this VG+/Mint version of Pinback's Summer in Abaddon. Prior to picking up a standard black copy recently for about $15, I was considering a maroon copy on Discogs going for $60, which I ultimately decided I didn't need when I could get a new black one for $15. This one cost $39, so I decided to go for it. 

tumblr_nbgzzbNWjj1qjlr0yo1_500.jpg

(not my picture)

4 minutes ago, mmfood said:

Went to a flea market today, table said $5 each record, ended up with 23 records and paid $30. Best $30 I've spent my whole life. Even better he's going to have six more crates tomorrow 

n9pgArf.jpgmo5TWjP.jpg

I don't supposed you want to tell me where the flea market is?:D

Sorry man, That's the one I'm most hyped about and the mmfood og cover 

I'm hoping he's gonna have some more psychological and definitive jux stuff tomorrow maybe that terrible pressing of bone thugs e. 1999 eternal because he said he was into bone thugs when I asked if he had any three 6 mafia 

Edited by mmfood

15 minutes ago, mmfood said:

Sorry man, That's the one I'm most hyped about and the mmfood og cover 

I'm hoping he's gonna have some more psychological and definitive jux stuff tomorrow maybe that terrible pressing of bone thugs e. 1999 eternal because he said he was into bone thugs when I asked if he had any three 6 mafia 

yeah I was kidding that's a 3 figure record these days. Vaudeville Villian and Future Development are also huge scores. I mean there isn't a record there I'd pass for $5 or less

I've had a pretty sweet record week:

$12 Hot Topic sale

Bad Religion - How Could Hell Be Any Worse? (Grey)

Bad Religion - Suffer (Green)

TGUK - Something To Write Home About (Tri-Color)

Rancid - Honor Is All We Know (Blue)

Other Buys:

Cocteau Twins - Heaven Or Las Vegas (reissue)

Sonic Youth - EVOL (reissue)

Knapsack - Silver Sweepstakes (original pressing)

then my friend gave me a clean UK pressing of Stooges "Raw Power" for my birthday last week

7 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Any rock/metal?

I'm not really interested in all the hip hop anyway

Nah he had two crates of goodwill junk and the rest was rap. No metal or rock. He was producing for a little while so that's probably why he has junk records too 

Edited by mmfood