Recent purchases

Got a few things incoming but here's what I've picked up locally in the last week or so-

Dillinger Four- Midwestern Songs of the Americas, white with black haze /??? (Can't find shit about this variant anywhere, help?)

Gorilla Biscuits- Start Today, black

Descendents- Hypercaffium Spazzinate, indie exclusive white

The Honorary Title- Anything Else But The Truth, 2nd press black/red starburst

Cage The Elephant- Tell Me I'm Pretty, black

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers- Greatest Hits, US press

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic said:

Do you guys actually like the music or do you just buy it because the color looks cool?  

Gotta love these posts. While I wonder this myself sometimes about some users, I usually end up saying, "Why can't it be both?"

It's pretty cool that a 45 year old man has time to come in here to try to make fun of people though. :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, OriolesMagic said:

Do you guys actually like the music or do you just buy it because the color looks cool?  

lmao, this guy.

All jokes aside, these are my various purchases and pre-orders from the past week or two.

ceo - Wonderland
Lemonade - Minus Tide
Lord RAJA - A Constant Moth (sky blue vinyl, /500)
Robyn - Body Talk Pt. 1 (UO exclusive orange vinyl)
Kishi Bashi - Sonderlust (black/gold split vinyl)

14 hours ago, OriolesMagic said:

ummm.. why else would you buy beautiful, elegant pieces of musical vinyl? I personally love to let my vinyl unleash its inner peacock (splatter) and bedazzle my guests until they can take no mo'. It is 2016 bro, that's EMBARRASSING!!!! to be seen with virgin black vinyl! In my neighborhood they liken my crib to the Bunny Ranch yet instead I am fully stocked with the sexiest, most vibrant and pleasing color vinyl you done ever laid your eyes on! Get off this message board, throw your snuggie back on and listen to your super old virgin vinyl Grandpa!

18 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Gotta love these posts. While I wonder this myself sometimes about some users, I usually end up saying, "Why can't it be both?"

It's pretty cool that a 45 year old man has time to come in here to try to make fun of people though. :rolleyes:

I guess i'm just too old to post here :(

Edited by OriolesMagic

LOL...all of these comments confirm that i'm surrounded by a bunch of pretentious hipsters who only buy vinyl because it's the new cool thing!  Carry on my children....carry on.  Who cares if you will never play it....it's a limited edition 500 pressed purple splattered edition!!!

Edited by OriolesMagic

7 minutes ago, OriolesMagic said:

LOL...all of these comments confirm that i'm surrounded by a bunch of pretentious hipsters who only buy vinyl because it's the new cool thing!  Carry on my children....carry on.  Who cares if you will never play it....it's a limited edition 500 pressed purple splattered edition!!!

I don't even own a record player  :-P

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic said:

Yeah.  That's definitely what these last few comments confirm.  The world is a scary place, sir – goddamn whipper-snappers framing their splatter vinyl, walking around with their sagging pants and always on their mobile phones.  (Probably posting all over the Facebooks or something.)  No one has time to listen to their classical jazz and 70s rock records, either, because they're way too fixated on getting tattoos and working jobs that aren't paper routes or mowing neighbor's lawns for a dime.

Please consider a new early-retirement hobby.

Edited by Derek™

10 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah.  That's definitely what these last few comments confirm.  The world is a scary place, sir – goddamn whipper-snappers framing their splatter vinyl, walking around with their sagging pants and always on their mobilr phones.  (Probably posting all over the Facebooks or something.)  No one has time to listen to their classical jazz and 70s rock records, either, because they're way too fixated on getting tattoos and working jobs that aren't paper routes or mowing neighbor's lawns for a dime.

Please consider a new early-retirement hobby.

This is one of m favorite posts in a long time.

To answer papaw's question, the majority of us only jump on the colored variants because we're already gonna buy the record, so buying the most limited variant or color you like the most is pretty damn self-explanatory. Sorry we don't spend our money to your liking, pops. Black vinyl matters though. 

10 minutes ago, slowcheetah said:

Yeah I could give two fucks about this coloured vinyl shit. I just want the cheapest and best sounding copy of music I enjoy. My local store had a white copy of Moon Shaped Pool for 5 dollars more than the black... exact same record. Ridiculous in my opinion. 

Coolest story ever...

The fact remains, just because some kiddos do like pretty colored vinyl, it doesn't mean they don't care about the music too. The color isn't make or break for me, and if the black is less expensive I'll often go for that, but if there's a nice variant of of a record I enjoy for the same price as the black, and maybe it matches the cover nicely, that's what I go for.

There is no reason to get down on people for enjoying records for the music and caring about aesthetics. I just don't get why adults who should be able to deal with the fact that some people have different opinions than them come in here making fun of people who are just enjoying a hobby.

I mean, is it annoying when people buy records just because they "look pretty?" Yeah. But that's also like...1% of the population on this forum.

meh. I've said my piece. Over it.

On 8/2/2016 at 11:13 AM, OriolesMagic said:

Why is choosing an option of color for a record any different than choosing a color for shirt, shoes, rug, blanket, paint on your walls, car, tile, flowers for your gal, your sweet Schwinn, etc? 

10 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

Why is choosing an option of color for a record any different than choosing a color for shirt, shoes, rug, blanket, paint on your walls, car, tile, flowers for your gal, your sweet Schwinn, etc? 

Because those are all visual examples, a records main purpose is the sound. I have nothing against colored vinyl and people buying the different variants.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

Because those are all visual examples, a records main purpose is the sound. I have nothing against colored vinyl and people buying the different variants.

I've just had bad experiences with color vinyl.  I know i'm not the only one...most of the color vinyl i own sounds like crap.  

Just now, OriolesMagic said:

I've just had bad experiences with color vinyl.  I know i'm not the only one...most of the color vinyl i own sounds like crap.  

White sounds like crap, always. Splatter and multiple color variants usually do too, until they are cleaned because they are usually covered in a weird dust from the different pellets.

14 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

White sounds like crap, always. Splatter and multiple color variants usually do too, until they are cleaned because they are usually covered in a weird dust from the different pellets.

I wouldn't say always. I have one or two that do and one or two that don't sound bad.

22 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I'm just saying that if there's an option to buy something in a different color, it shouldn't matter why someone chooses the color. I buy a car to drive but I want it in the color I want, I wear clothing but I want it to be a certain color. I also have nothing against colored vinyl, that was my point. 

1 minute ago, kjkenney said:

I'm just saying that if there's an option to buy something in a different color, it shouldn't matter why someone chooses the color. I buy a car to drive but I want it in the color I want, I wear clothing but I want it to be a certain color. I also have nothing against colored vinyl, that was my point. 

My question is...do you care at all about the pressing quality?