Crosley Cruiser CR8005A Record Player - Needles

Oh wow. geez, is my face red or what?? My sincerest apologies if I have offended you guys by owning a record player. I have clearly embarrassed myself in front of the wrong people, seeing as your posts here make it blatantly clear that the members of this forum are the supreme dictators of the global record industry. Does it take up a lot of your time to make all the rules as to who is allowed to own what record player? This knowledge must have taken years of practise to acquire. 

Furthermore, at fifteen years old, unfortunately I cannot afford the thousand-dollar record players that you guys evidently hold so dearly to your heart, as I only work for six hours a week. However it is now my life goal to one day buy a better record player, in the hope that I can finally gain the approval of random people on the internet that I have never even met.

In the mean time, I suppose I will just have to fill up the rest of my life with other, more trivial interests. Maybe my girlfriend can help to take my mind off things. You guys should actually try one, they're pretty good!!

Have a great day.

Lachie

P.S. yocaseycasey - I'll stop in this afternoon. Thanks for the tip!

You can get a pretty good record player for a fair price by just looking around. If you did a little research about players you could easily find that out. You can own whatever record player you want but people are just being honest and letting you know the player is no good. It will ruin your records. You have to understand a lot of new users on this forum are constantly talking about Crosley's and trying to find out if they are any good, why their records sound like crap when they play them on a Crosley, how their record got damaged from playing it on a Crosley, etc... after a while you basically will get the answer: Crosley's suck get something else. It's just good advice. Don't shoot the messenger.

Well, whilst I have no problem with people giving me their honest opinion of my record player, I DO have a problem when they say it in an insulting or scathing way. I really don't see how you expect me to not take offence to those posts.....

Well like I said you are new 13 post in. Check out some of these other posters they have been around the block a time or two and we've all seen questions like this posted by really new posters a ton. It just gets a little old. It's nothing personal against you. It's just when you've seen it 1000 times it gets almost comical and irritating to see it yet again by another new poster. So yes I expect you not to take offense I guess haha. Don't take it personal. Stick around and talk about records. Welcome to the board. Don't get to hot under the collar about some forum chatting. Pretty soon you'll enjoy seeing Shaq images and gif's as much as the rest of us.

Well like I said you are new 13 post in. Check out some of these other posters they have been around the block a time or two and we've all seen questions like this posted by really new posters a ton. It just gets a little old. It's nothing personal against you. It's just when you've seen it 1000 times it gets almost comical and irritating to see it yet again by another new poster. So yes I expect you not to take offense I guess haha. Don't take it personal. Stick around and talk about records. Welcome too the board. Don't get to hot under the collar about some forum chatting. Pretty soon you'll enjoy seeing Shaq images and gif's as much as the rest of us.

isn't it about time there be a thread titled "reasons why you don't want a crosley?"

Just while everyone's here, do any of you know of anyone who has a copy of Mayday Parade's Self-Titled? I've been looking for this for about a year and still haven't found a copy.

If you've been looking for this album for about a year and you've only had the Crosley for a month, what player did you have before the Crosley?

heres the point everyones trying to get across with trolling you. crosleys are the worst thing you can do for your records. go on ebay, get a vintage technics or pioneer table. make sure its not busted. an S shaped tonearm is a huge plus. i just bought a decent vintage table for 75 bucks off ebay and its great. no need to get defensive, its just trolling.