Crosley Cruiser CR8005A Record Player - Needles

80%? That's rediculously high.

uh, have you spent much time on the vinyl board? There's 80 page threads about blink 182 and brand new splatter variants.

Also, keyword: first. Started with. Most people figure it out right away, and start doing their research.

Looks like OP made a new account so he could double negative rep everyone and pos all his posts loooooooooooll

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/user/16303-downunder99/

He said he was from Australia and he said he was 14 and THAT'S the username he chooses to start over? What the hell is the point?

Looks like OP made a new account so he could double negative rep everyone and pos all his posts loooooooooooll

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/user/16303-downunder99/

He said he was from Australia and he said he was 14 and THAT'S the username he chooses to start over? What the hell is the point?

Nevermind it says he's 99 years old this can't be him.

Kind of awkward when I'm still here……

Just because another Australian joined up doesn't mean it's me. There's about 22 million of us, so maybe, just maybe, another Australian has an interest in vinyl records. And by the way, I'm fifteen you retard.

My bad. Pretty crazy he's looking to buy Mayday Parade's S/T though.

It's best to not replace anything on a crosley. It is best to just replace the whole thing. There's a thread titled beginners guide to HiFi stickied in this forum.

It'll give you a good idea of what would be best to replace your record destroyer with

Well, whilst I have no problem with people giving me their honest opinion of my record player, I DO have a problem when they say it in an insulting or scathing way. I really don't see how you expect me to not take offence to those posts.....

My post was in no way insulting. Yet you downvoted it with both your accounts. It's an honest, and truthful thing. Crosleys are not worth being fixed, repaired or any part of it replaced. Just buy something else completely.

Being that you're from Australia. If you live anywhere near Sydney, feel free to message, and i'll make myself available for you to listen to what i'm using. I've paid a grand total of around $500 for everything. Table, speakers, amp and pre-amp. The difference between the sound coming out of what I use, and yourself will be vastly different. I'm not some geeky guy that has spent my entire life hoarding information about audio. Nor am I some kind of dateless old man with nothing but free time on my hands(I'd create multiple accounts to upvote all my own posts if I had spare time).

So, I'll just say. As a fellow Aussie. Toughen up princess. You sound like a sookybitch and it's very unbecoming. Everyone here is helpful if you ask the right questions, and don't get defensive or upset by their opinions  

My post was in no way insulting. Yet you downvoted it with both your accounts. It's an honest, and truthful thing. Crosleys are not worth being fixed, repaired or any part of it replaced. Just buy something else completely.

Being that you're from Australia. If you live anywhere near Sydney, feel free to message, and i'll make myself available for you to listen to what i'm using. I've paid a grand total of around $500 for everything. Table, speakers, amp and pre-amp. The difference between the sound coming out of what I use, and yourself will be vastly different. I'm not some geeky guy that has spent my entire life hoarding information about audio. Nor am I some kind of dateless old man with nothing but free time on my hands(I'd create multiple accounts to upvote all my own posts if I had spare time).

So, I'll just say. As a fellow Aussie. Toughen up princess. You sound like a sookybitch and it's very unbecoming. Everyone here is helpful if you ask the right questions, and don't get defensive or upset by their opinions  

Sage advice indeed. You have to start somewhere and the Crosley and it's putrid spawn are rampant in the department stores and supermarkets of the world so a very easy trap to fall into without any other frame of reference.

A family member was given one for Christmas a few years ago, I did the decent thing and took it outside and shot it but not before replacing it with some vintage kit I had picked up for a tenner at a boot fair. The only way to learn about anything properly is by making the mistakes so if you've never owned crap how can you tell how much better good sounds.

The first TT I owned was a Dansette, quite cool now but utter cack in it's day and still sounds cack and wrecks records today, sadly that experience and the hearing of a halfway decent system at an impressionable age caused me to embark on the addictive wallet emptying road I am on now.

There are several morals in there but mostly never show your eccentric uncle the new Crosley you got for Christmas if you don't want him to use it as target practice after a little to much free Christmas Ale

What the hell is going on here.

A fifteen year old Australian boy didn't know where to purchase a replacement needle for his Crosley turntable. Instead of searching the internet for a solution, he searched the internet for a place to ask the question on the internet. He found VC and asked the people of this internet forum where to find said needle. As a result, the people of this internet forum gave their opinions of the Crosley turntables while attempting to answer his question. This spawned another internet war of words on the internet.

In a surprising twist, it turns out that Crosley has a website on the internet and they sell replacement needles for their products from...you guessed it...the internet.

So, what is really going on here, you ask??

The internet.

While I do agree with everyone that Crosley is the devil, ruins your records and is in no way a good way to experience music at all, in the OP's defense, people could be a little nicer about calling him out on it.  Everyone on this board was a newbie at some point in time, cut him some slack.

I do want to drive home the subject matter here though.  DON'T USE A CROSLEY!  Or any other "all-in-one" record player/cd/radio.  If you really want to get the maximum enjoyment out of your music listening, start with a cheap setup.  You can certainly get a setup that's 100x better than that Crosley for 500-600 dollars, or less if you find some really good deals.  You don't necessarily need to get a pre-amp if you get a vintage amp that has a phono stage built in (I prefer to have a stand-alone pre-amp, maybe it's all in my head but I feel like I get a cleaner sound).  Get you a good working vintage record player (you'd be amazed at what you can find at thrift stores).  And then the most important part is your speakers.  I'm using Audioengine bookshelf speakers on my setup and they are excellent.  Not too pricey and they have a really good sound to them.

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Passive-Speaker-Systems/P4B-Passive-Bookshelf-Speakers

you must be new to the internet

stop while you're ahead.

and to the post above, because its harmless and funny.

Please don't take this the wrong I'm not coming at you, I totally respect your opinion and this is more of an opinions piece by me on behalf of that noob, and other noobies to come.

All I'm saying is have some respect and treat others the way you'd want to be treated, getting stoned and ridiculed for logging onto a "vinyl collecting" website and posting a question about where to buy a shitty needle is really better left alone. Personally I'm tired of all the negativity and heckling that goes on this site. There's truly a lot more to offer, there are some great users here. Now if he came on here to push some buttons and he got negative down voted heckled etc that's something else. (Like that guy who posted about his Pink Floyd for sale that he got for 18$ or whatever and wanted to sell it for 300$) that guy deserved to be heckled because came onto here not wanting a community but wanted immediately to be the seller that everyone loves to hate in face to face contact.

I'm defending this kid too much because he if were smart he'd have left responding to the stones alone. But we also gotta give up the tough love act when new members come aboard VC.

I came here to collect records and share info with other record lovers, not be some alpha male higher than thou user. (Ok my expectations might be a little unrealistic but does it hurt us to try and be a little more lenient toward new users? I mean if they really love their collection, they'll probably be more than willing to listen as to why Crosleys/All In Ones are bad for their collection anyhow)

Here is an excellent article explaining why Crosley's are shit. http://modern-vinyl.com/2012/03/06/the-d-side-just-say-no-to-crosley/

I'd love for someone to add truth to the whole cartridge argument, I mean if the weight is off and too much, that is obviously detrimental to the wax. But I've never weighed one of those Crosley's myself and I've got my set up with ant-skating and counterbalance anyhow. 

I'd love for someone to add truth to the whole cartridge argument, I mean if the weight is off and too much, that is obviously detrimental to the wax. But I've never weighed one of those Crosley's myself and I've got my set up with ant-skating and counterbalance anyhow. 

ceramic carts weigh about 3 times more than a magnetic cart.  Here's another good article explaining why Crosley is bad.

http://best-turntables.com/avoid-crosley-turntables/

As far as solutions for cheap, quality set ups. I paid nothing for mine. I asked everyone to pitch in and get me the $300 orbit plus for Christmas. Then my ex stepdad knew someone with a receiver and some speakers he no longer wanted.

I work a part time job and put half my paycheck in savings. I have bills. Instead of getting mass amounts of stuff I'll never use, I asked family to all work together to get me this one thing I really wanted.

If there is a will, there is a way, my friend.

(And guess what, had I not joined this forum, I probably would have ended up with a Crosley. These people are snarky, but they do have a lot of knowledge. Take any advice you can get while you're young before you invest in something that damages your other investments.)

Please don't take this the wrong I'm not coming at you, I totally respect your opinion and this is more of an opinions piece by me on behalf of that noob, and other noobies to come.

All I'm saying is have some respect and treat others the way you'd want to be treated, getting stoned and ridiculed for logging onto a "vinyl collecting" website and posting a question about where to buy a shitty needle is really better left alone. Personally I'm tired of all the negativity and heckling that goes on this site. There's truly a lot more to offer, there are some great users here. Now if he came on here to push some buttons and he got negative down voted heckled etc that's something else. (Like that guy who posted about his Pink Floyd for sale that he got for 18$ or whatever and wanted to sell it for 300$) that guy deserved to be heckled because came onto here not wanting a community but wanted immediately to be the seller that everyone loves to hate in face to face contact.

I'm defending this kid too much because he if were smart he'd have left responding to the stones alone. But we also gotta give up the tough love act when new members come aboard VC.

I came here to collect records and share info with other record lovers, not be some alpha male higher than thou user. (Ok my expectations might be a little unrealistic but does it hurt us to try and be a little more lenient toward new users? I mean if they really love their collection, they'll probably be more than willing to listen as to why Crosleys/All In Ones are bad for their collection anyhow)

Here is an excellent article explaining why Crosley's are shit. http://modern-vinyl.com/2012/03/06/the-d-side-just-say-no-to-crosley/

Not to be an asshole, but, well, I'm gonna be an asshole. What is it with everyone on this site getting all up in arms about needing to hold hands and play nice, especially when it comes to new users and the standard reaction from noob-related questions? It's the internet. Have you guys never read ANY other message boards out there? This place is already preschool compared to other places. This guy didn't even get it that bad.

Also also (just genuinely curious) aren't you the guy who changed your name after you got shit on for asking this forum to pay your $1300 ER bill? If so, I guess it would make sense you would champion for everyone to be "nicer" to each other...