Silverchair - Freak show - SRC Spring 2014

bortx

Yeah, I'd like to see SRC do Neon Ballroom even though it was repressed recently. I heard mixed reviews of the sound and packaging quality on the MOV press and I wasn't able to secure a copy before it went OOP.

Hmm... I don't have any sound or packaging issues with my MOV press.

Super excited to be able to add another Silverchair record to my collection. This is the first band that really made me passionate about music when I was a kid. 

Hmm... I don't have any sound or packaging issues with my MOV press.

Super excited to be able to add another Silverchair record to my collection. This is the first band that really made me passionate about music when I was a kid. 

Fun fact: My first concert was the silverchair Freak Show tour on Daniel Johns' 18th birthday. Scott Lucas from Local H came out and led the crowd in singing happy birthday to him. 

Apparently they're supposed to be phenomenal live. I have some friends that will see them any chance they get that are a little on the snobby/douchey side with music.

The only time I saw them was at a festival in Barrie, Ontario.

They played Tommorow, and in the middle of it shifted to Pure Massacre... but they never came back to finish Tommorow.

This made me a sad panda.

Yeah, I'd like to see SRC do Neon Ballroom even though it was repressed recently. I heard mixed reviews of the sound and packaging quality on the MOV press and I wasn't able to secure a copy before it went OOP.

I took a chance on the MOV Neon Ballroom press. Totally sub-par, sent it back.

Fun fact: My first concert was the silverchair Freak Show tour on Daniel Johns' 18th birthday. Scott Lucas from Local H came out and led the crowd in singing happy birthday to him. 

OHMY90s... I would have loved to see that.  Local H is awesome.  Hope their two big releases come to vinyl proper someday.

OHMY90s... I would have loved to see that.  Local H is awesome.  Hope their two big releases come to vinyl proper someday.

Haha, yeah proper releases of As Good As Dead and Pack Up The Cats (assuming those are the ones you're talking about) would be amazing. Nostalgia be damned, those are solid rock albums. 

I threw my original press up on eBay for anyone looking to add this to their collection. The Repress will do just fine for me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silverchair-Freak-Show-LP-Limited-Ed-OOP-1996-Rare-Yellow-Vinyl-Record-/161193101877?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2587db8a35

Ends today at 10pm EST

There's a thread for that.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...