Gossip Hour: Connor Oberst Accused of Rape

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/53510-conor-oberst-considers-legal-action-after-anonymous-rape-allegation/

This does seem like a really odd accusation. I'm not saying he's 100% innocent of anything but could a 90lb 4th wave emo kid really do something this low? Wondering how this will unfold over the next couple weeks.

Sorry if this post seems tasteless, but this a very bizarre music news story.

that's the most vague accusation of rape i've ever heard of; not sure why this is even a news story on a (semi) legitimate site. weird.

also, just because you're a scrawny looking dude who writes sad sack songs doesn't mean you're incapable of rape. this is just super weird, though.

As far as West Virginia, there is no limit on when a person may be charged with a felony sex crime.  I would imagine most states would be the same. The way the law is written here, and this pains me to say, is broken down on six different levels with varying term length, registration requirements, and programming needs. . We have 1st degree sex assault at the top, which is what most would imagine, rape by force, all the way to 3rd degree sex abuse, which could be a consensual relationship between high school students,  a senior and a sophomore say, which can be sentenced to as little as unsupervised probation.   

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/53510-conor-oberst-considers-legal-action-after-anonymous-rape-allegation/

This does seem like a really odd accusation. I'm not saying he's 100% innocent of anything but could a 90lb 4th wave emo kid really do something this low? Wondering how this will unfold over the next couple weeks.

Sorry if this post seems tasteless, but this a very bizarre music news story.

to a 16 year old girl?  absolutely.  

http://research.lawyers.com/Nebraska/Nebraska-Statute-of-Limitations.html

Rape ("Sexual Assault"), No time limit

Neb. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 29-110(6)

The worst part of being in a band are groupies(also the best). They can be in an 18+ show, they meet strike up a conversation. You ask their age, they lie. And you're still in the wrong.

Time to start checking id before getting laid. And maybe even having a statutory declaration signed.

WUT.

The worst part of being in a band are groupies(also the best). They can be in an 18+ show, they meet strike up a conversation. You ask their age, they lie. And you're still in the wrong.

Time to start checking id before getting laid. And maybe even having a statutory declaration signed.

Yeah bro statutory rape laws really suck for people in bands, what if you accidentally fuck a groupie who turns out to be a teenager? That'd totally harsh my buzz, man

that's the most vague accusation of rape i've ever heard of; not sure why this is even a news story on a (semi) legitimate site. weird.

also, just because you're a scrawny looking dude who writes sad sack songs doesn't mean you're incapable of rape. this is just super weird, though.

Apologies if it seemed like I was suggesting that due to his build alone it wouldn't be possible, I was trying to say that he seems like the last singer/songwriter I could imagine doing something so heinous.

Regardless, he is innocent until proven guilty. It's nutty that we live in a world where an anonymous thread post could lead to a legal battle, and although it may be overdoing it, he should take action if he is indeed innocent to at least save some face value. I could see this following him around forever if he were to leave the situation as is.

Yeah bro statutory rape laws really suck for people in bands, what if you accidentally fuck a groupie who turns out to be a teenager? That'd totally harsh my buzz, man

Yes. Because that's exactly what I meant.

Play a show, meet a lady. Ask their age, they lie. No law will stop that. It sucks

because ap.net ran the tumblr stuff about the allegation and then got that PR statement. before the statement it was just ap.net and pooperty of zack