Mutemath S/T does anyone know if this ever going to be re-released?

Anyone else thinking this was just a crazy high price for the Teleprompt edition AND the self titled WB (w/ Reset and w/o Without It , etc) will be pressed at a later time for $30 ish bucks? I will not try and justify over priced things, but I know the last two years have been rough regarding taxes and self employment.  I could see THIS edition being ultra rare and easy money, AND a regular self title press at a more reasonable ($30 for double lp is still expensive ) price. Sorry if this thought has been posted. Not going to read all the other posts bc I don't have enough popcorn to go with all the salt.

2 hours ago, wbhendrix said:

How did you get to know them personally? 

I wouldn't claim to know them personally, but I was at one of their soundchecks in Feb and I was chatting with them when they were done. They're really nice dudes. We talked a good 5-10 minutes. I brought up the possibility of a repress and what was destroyed in Katrina.

I received this yesterday - thinking "holy shit that was fast" - but haven't been able to play it til today. It came with no liners or bubble wrap or anything so a couple dings, but I think the gatefold probably held up well. The pressing IS fantastic, I haven't been able to hear a bit of static or noise or skips at all, everything audio is clean as a whistle. Bass is strong. The gatefold is nice and everything I want, with no real frills or extras. This record is a good memory of an exciting time in my life, and has been on my want list since I started collecting despite my taste stretching out in various ways. I'm very satisfied to own this, and if I paid 40 bucks plus shipping I would think it was a high quality buy and feel very lucky. This buy was strange because I haven't bought anything new for myself in about a month, so I felt I could treat myself and didn't balk at the price. The fact that so many balked ensured I could acquire one, so that was different from the mad rush at the first second of availability. It's a real shame they couldn't press a higher quantity of these, pleasing more fans, discouraging flippers and probably lowering the price for the bulk order. It could have gone the way of Robbers & Cowards and press so many you just shut out the flippers past and present. I don't have an extensive knowledge of contracts, but I can definitely see how they eventually fuck over fans and do weird things to the market.

tl;dr It was worth it to me

27 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

I received this yesterday - thinking "holy shit that was fast" - but haven't been able to play it til today. It came with no liners or bubble wrap or anything so a couple dings, but I think the gatefold probably held up well. The pressing IS fantastic, I haven't been able to hear a bit of static or noise or skips at all, everything audio is clean as a whistle. Bass is strong. The gatefold is nice and everything I want, with no real frills or extras. This record is a good memory of an exciting time in my life, and has been on my want list since I started collecting despite my taste stretching out in various ways. I'm very satisfied to own this, and if I paid 40 bucks plus shipping I would think it was a high quality buy and feel very lucky. This buy was strange because I haven't bought anything new for myself in about a month, so I felt I could treat myself and didn't balk at the price. The fact that so many balked ensured I could acquire one, so that was different from the mad rush at the first second of availability. It's a real shame they couldn't press a higher quantity of these, pleasing more fans, discouraging flippers and probably lowering the price for the bulk order. It could have gone the way of Robbers & Cowards and press so many you just shut out the flippers past and present. I don't have an extensive knowledge of contracts, but I can definitely see how they eventually fuck over fans and do weird things to the market.

tl;dr It was worth it to me

Glad to hear you're happy with it.  I wish it could have been more reasonable so more people were too.

I also will feel like shit if WB presses their version and makes it cheap - only because I like the Teleprompt version better.  But it would be fitting.

2 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Just discovered this thread and holy shit. I had no idea Stephen Jenkins joined Mutemath. 

Not EVEN CLOSE. The 3EB box set is amazing. It has 4 albums, an EP, a signed placeholder for Dopamine and comes in a gorgeous box for $200

Mutemath charged SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS for their one album.

10 hours ago, highfives said:

Glad to hear you're happy with it.  I wish it could have been more reasonable so more people were too.

I also will feel like shit if WB presses their version and makes it cheap - only because I like the Teleprompt version better.  But it would be fitting.

Same here...the Telepromt version is so much better than the WB one!

4 hours ago, jmsmusic said:

I hope at least 50 will show up on discogs and ebay...I'll collect and share them with MM management

2 hours ago, Barberbro said:

This may be a silly question. But what is the difference between both versions mentioned?

They have different track lists.

Teleprompt version[edit]

(All songs written by Paul Meany)

1. "Collapse" – 1:12
  2. "Typical" – 4:12
  3. "After We Have Left Our Homes" – 1:14
  4. "Chaos" – 4:54
  5. "Noticed" – 4:25
  6. "Without It" – 4:57
  7. "Polite" – 1:22
  8. "Stare at the Sun" – 4:33
  9. "Obsolete" – 4:32
  10. "Break the Same" – 7:22
  11. "You Are Mine" – 6:08
  12. "Picture" – 5:21
  13. "Stall Out" – 7:05

Warner Bros. version[edit]

1. "Collapse" – 1:13
  2. "Typical" – 4:12
  3. "After We Have Left Our Homes" – 1:14
  4. "Chaos" – 4:54
  5. "Noticed" – 4:29
  6. "Plan B" – 4:46
  7. "Stare at the Sun" – 4:33
  8. "Obsolete" – 4:30
  9. "Break the Same" – 6:00
  10. "You Are Mine" – 4:43
  11. "Control" (Meany, King, LaClave) – 4:39
  12. "Picture" – 5:26
  13. "Stall Out" – 7:10
  14. "Reset" – 5:25

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2016 at 7:37 PM, highfives said:

just cause someone lists something for a given price doesn't mean they're gonna get it. I seriously doubt they'll sell at those prices. 

50 minutes ago, the industry said:

just cause someone lists something for a given price doesn't mean they're gonna get it. I seriously doubt they'll sell at those prices. 

Your posts on this forum, in this thread, are the vinyl world equivalent of Americans who say "Give Trump a chance! He's not that bad!"

6 hours ago, the industry said:

The same could be said for the original copies that were listed at $300, which were the cause of the higher price of the reissue.

if the only copies for sale on the secondary market are still over $200, their plan didn't work.