Toadies Rubberneck 20th Anniversary Reissue

Just saw on facebook that the Toadies are doing a 20th anniversary CD and Vinyl reissue of Rubberneck along with a US tour.  April 1st is the date.  Looks like this reissue is being done through Kirtland Records.  Happy that I have a MOV release of this album because if the pressing is anything like what Kirtland did with Bush's Sixteen Stone, it's going to sound awful.

http://thetoadies.com/?p=1143

I was expecting the first comment to be "there is already talk about this in another thread."  I did see the "The Toadies- Rubberneck" thread this was mentioned.  This is such cool news though that I thought it deserved its own.  I'm probably gonna nab up the cd, particularly because of the bonus songs.  And I'm really hoping that the tour comes near Cincinnati, I'll be going to a show for sure.

This band is so perplexing to me. They have some awesome songs and are a cool band but their biggest hit is one of the worst of the 90s. 

I guess you're talking about Possum Kingdom.  I personally like that song a lot, but it's definitely not my favorite on the album.  I like Backslider and Tyler more.

Did this not get reissued just a year ago or so?

Seems like enough are still kicking at resonable prices.

Yeah.  It got a MOV reissue, which is the one that I have. 

One of my favorite albums (and bands) of all time.  For a million different reasons have never been able to grab the record.  Will pick this up the second it goes on sale.

I can testify that the MOV release of this is very good.  Like gcarn said, it is still available for a good price.  Here's an amazon link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008BR3R36/ref=tmm_vnl_new_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1389291850&sr=1-1

I was expecting the first comment to be "there is already talk about this in another thread."  I did see the "The Toadies- Rubberneck" thread this was mentioned.  This is such cool news though that I thought it deserved its own.  I'm probably gonna nab up the cd, particularly because of the bonus songs.  And I'm really hoping that the tour comes near Cincinnati, I'll be going to a show for sure.

I never understood why people are such sticklers on this forum. Whats the big deal about having multiple threads on similar topics? I guess I don't get it.

I never understood why people are such sticklers on this forum. Whats the big deal about having multiple threads on similar topics? I guess I don't get it.

Seems to me that people are just plain sticklers toward anyone that is new to the forum.  Like some sort of hazing or a trial period.  I just don't like it when people act rude toward me.  I'm a genuinely nice guy if you give me a chance and I don't protest to know everything about everything because I know that I don't.  I'm open to learning, just don't be a total jerkface about it.  Now I expect someone to chime in and say something like "this forum isn't even harsh on people, have you checked out some of the other forums out there?  this one is kid's play compared to others."  To that I say... Whatever, there's no reason for people to be jerks to each other, that same concept holds true in the real world.

Yeah.  It got a MOV reissue, which is the one that I have. 

I can testify that the MOV release of this is very good.  Like gcarn said, it is still available for a good price.  Here's an amazon link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008BR3R36/ref=tmm_vnl_new_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1389291850&sr=1-1

Seems like a no-brainer.

i honestly hope they DONT include the bonus tracks on the LP release.

they'd ruin the flow for me,  unless its a 2xLP and they were all thrown on side D or something.

im still really disappointed that catacomb was included on the reissue of relationship of command for this same reason.

i honestly hope they DONT include the bonus tracks on the LP release.

they'd ruin the flow for me, unless its a 2xLP and they were all thrown on side D or something.

im still really disappointed that catacomb was included on the reissue of relationship of command for this same reason.

Why not just turn off the record after the album tracks are finished?

• 2 months later...

Pre-order now available! $24.99+$6 shipping

http://store.kirtlandrecords.com/product/toadies-rubberneck-reissue-vinyl

LP 180 gram vinyl remastered with download code for 5 CD only bonus tracks. Pre-order and get an autographed copy. Will hopefully ship second week of April 2014. We will get your order out to you as soon as possible!

Side 1 
01. Mexican Hairless 
02. Mister Love 
03. Backslider 
04. Possum Kingdom 
05. Quitter 
06. Away

Side 2 
01. I Come From The Water 
02. Tyler 
03. Happyface 
04. Velvet 
05. I Burn

Bonus Tracks (included on download card only) 
01. Run In With Dad* 
02. Stop It (Pylon Cover)* 
03. Rockfish* 
04. Possum Kingdom (Live Version) 
05. Tyler (Live Version)

*From the original Rubberneck recording session